New Glock Owner - need help deciding which one. - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > New Glock Owner - need help deciding which one.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2009, 01:39 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 11 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT-MILLER View Post
Well if you really want advice, here's some.

Go to your gun store pistol display. Look down at the Glock models very closely. While you are intently looking at the Glock models go ahead and shift your vision over to where the Springfield Armory XD pistols are being displayed. Go ahead and purchase one of the XD pistols instead (say maybe a nice XD9).

When the whole transaction is over, you can laugh at yourself for ever wanting a Glock.

(Just Kidding)

If you are really set on a Glock, maybe you should purchase a Glock 17. The G17 is a great "all-around" Glock and has lots of aftermarket support. Just a thought.
then shift over a little further to the berettas

Old 03-07-2009, 02:01 AM   #12

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT-MILLER View Post
Well if you really want advice, here's some.

Go to your gun store pistol display. Look down at the Glock models very closely. While you are intently looking at the Glock models go ahead and shift your vision over to where the Springfield Armory XD pistols are being displayed. Go ahead and purchase one of the XD pistols instead (say maybe a nice XD9).

When the whole transaction is over, you can laugh at yourself for ever wanting a Glock.

(Just Kidding)

If you are really set on a Glock, maybe you should purchase a Glock 17. The G17 is a great "all-around" Glock and has lots of aftermarket support. Just a thought.
Everything he said, but replace Springfield with Smith, add a "&" sign, replace Armory with Wesson, XD with M&P, and 9 with 40.

I was hellbent on getting a Glock, then my firearms instructor got wind of what I wanted, took me to the range and had me shoot his buddies Glock, then his M&P. I love my M&P.

Nuf said.

Old 03-07-2009, 05:55 PM   #13

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

im a terrible shot with a pistol and I was able to do this my second time shooting my new glock.

the great thing about the glock compared to the xd (i cant attest to the MP) is that it isn't as top heavy and in my personal opinion the trigger is crisper which makes it easier to shoot accurately

p3040156.jpg  

Old 03-10-2009, 07:44 PM   #14

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I carry a glock 23 in .40 everywhere i go, its small enough to conceal effectivly and just big enough to get a good grip on for accuracy. Plus i can say that i have fired several thousdand rounds through it with out a malfunction, well other than bad ammo and the malfunction drills they made us do at the po-lice academy.

Old 03-10-2009, 07:48 PM   #15

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

What range was the target engaged at?

You should be able to get good accuracy from the gun itself out to 25 yards and possibly beyond because of the 5 inch barrel.

Old 04-13-2009, 12:21 PM   #16

I was also in your same situation a while back. I tried many pistols at the range; Berettas, SA-XD, Ruger, S&W, Kel-Tec, even a Hi Point. These were all very good guns, however, I kept coming back to Glocks. It was the one that felt better in my hands all the time. I also tried different Glocks, , 40-45 cal, but settled on a 9mm, (believe it or not, the recoil on the larger calibers was not that much different than on the 9mm).
I ended up with the Glock 19. I considered the Glock 17, but liked the size of the 19 better at my hand and for concealment.

Old 04-13-2009, 02:55 PM   #17

I was in the same predicament. I had my sights set on an M&P40 or a G22. Because I live in Colorado and work in California, I was able to research with many gun dealers to get an opinion on which one to choose. Obviously, the "which ever one feels better" came up. That is not what I wanted to know. To my amazement, there was not one dealer that chose the M&P over the Glock. There were even several dealers (in both states) that would stake their reputation on backing Glock.

Last weekend, I had an opportunity to shoot with a friend with a M&P40. After several times, back-and-forth and 500 rounds later, I knew I had made the right choice.

I heard from my friend on Tuesday. He is the proud owner of a G22 and his M&P is listed on an online gun auction.

Old 04-13-2009, 03:08 PM   #18

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcp1987 View Post
then shift over a little further to the berettas
And then realize that the ONLY logical choice would be a 1911, preferably manufactured by a quality outfit.

Old 04-13-2009, 03:51 PM   #19

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Lump me in with the G19 crowd. 9mm, compact, concealable, ergonomic, I can't say enough about it really. The G19 was the last Glock pistol I got just last year, and after having several, and still having several, I can't believe I never had one until a year ago. If I had bought a G19 over ten years ago, I probably wouldn't have the Glock collection I have today.

Old 04-13-2009, 04:18 PM   #20

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

For those about to Glock, I salute you. Proud owner of a Mod. 22 and buying a Mod 21 because eyes don't have a 45. Almost bought a 1911 last week and then I picked up the Mod. 21 again.

I understand that Springfield really stands behind their firearms with good customer service when they break. I don't need a firearms that is prone to failure. Besides, this is a Glock forum, it's Glock or not. Hunter G. Joe

God, Family, Guns, in that order.

Closed Thread