New Glock Owner - need help deciding which one.
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > New Glock Owner - need help deciding which one.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2009, 06:39 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default New Glock Owner - need help deciding which one.

Hey all, I know I'm probably going to get a ton of different opinions..but I'm looking to buy a glock (my first one) and I would like to know which model everyone prefers. Any ideas?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-27-2009, 06:42 PM   #2

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Need more input.

What caliber do you like? What size is your hands? What are you going to use the Glock for? Do you prefer full size, compact or sub-compact?

Have you held any of the Glock models yet, and which one do you feel more comfortable with?

Old 02-27-2009, 06:48 PM   #3

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

GLOCK 19.

/thread.

Old 02-27-2009, 07:01 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

i just bought a glock 34, my first glock. i love it, i recommend it if you can find one.

Old 02-28-2009, 12:28 AM   #5

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Well if you really want advice, here's some.

Go to your gun store pistol display. Look down at the Glock models very closely. While you are intently looking at the Glock models go ahead and shift your vision over to where the Springfield Armory XD pistols are being displayed. Go ahead and purchase one of the XD pistols instead (say maybe a nice XD9).

When the whole transaction is over, you can laugh at yourself for ever wanting a Glock.

(Just Kidding)

If you are really set on a Glock, maybe you should purchase a Glock 17. The G17 is a great "all-around" Glock and has lots of aftermarket support. Just a thought.

Old 02-28-2009, 01:00 AM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT-MILLER View Post

If you are really set on a Glock, maybe you should purchase a Glock 17. The G17 is a great "all-around" Glock and has lots of aftermarket support. Just a thought.
i can definitely agree with that, cant go wrong with the glock 17 its a nice middle ground between the smaller glocks and the bigger ones like mine.

Old 02-28-2009, 10:58 AM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_sxt View Post
GLOCK 19.
+1

This is the middle-size 9mm, and probably one of the best overall/all-around pistols ever made. 15-round magazine capacity. Big enough to be a fun plinker, but small enough for daily conceal carry.

Good luck with your decision-making, and let us know which way you decide to go.

Glock 17, 19, & 26 (from top to bottom)

I don't make jokes, I just watch the government and report the facts. -Will Rogers

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. -Winston Churchill

Old 02-28-2009, 05:38 PM   #8

Default glock 22

I shoot a glock 22 myself. I like the 40 caliber. It has more punch and if you decide to shoot competition 40 cal will make major, where as 9mm luger will not. Check out pics and submit your own at GLOCKSPEED.COM - SHOOTING AT THE SPEED OF GLOCK.

Old 03-05-2009, 04:01 AM   #9

my first was a g20 10mm! its a full size and i fell in love with it. i was a fan of 1911 but glocks are getting up there in my book

Old 03-07-2009, 02:05 AM   #10

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiredgun09 View Post
Hey all, I know I'm probably going to get a ton of different opinions..but I'm looking to buy a glock (my first one) and I would like to know which model everyone prefers. Any ideas?

i'm a bit biased toward glock's , i find very greenish the idea of throwing'em up in the recycling drum once kb'ed..lol...

seriously, the G22 is a great shooter and it sport more muscles but stay manageable easy and is the perfect in-between 9mm/.45 acp caliber of excellence .....

that said,i would get the 35 for range-only purpose.

get a bar-sto (no rush to...) if you practice a whole lot,and a trijicon dot , you'll congrat yourself then...

i love my third gen 22 in green/sand livery. found the new backstrap very good for me , better grip feel for me.

Closed Thread