New Glock owner with lots of questions....
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > New Glock owner with lots of questions....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2011, 11:10 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default New Glock owner with lots of questions....

I just picked up a used G36 Saturday. Sunday I ordered a Crossbreed Supertuck, extended slide release, Pearce +0 mag extension, XS Big Dot 24/7 Express sights and a tactical grip glove by Pachmayr. Can I install the sights and the slide release myself or should I let a professional do it? Also, I couldn't find a grip glove labeled for the G36 so I guessed and ordered on the fits 19,23,25,32,38. Will it actually fit my Glock?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-28-2011, 01:10 AM   #2

Liked 22 Times on 10 Posts

Not sure on the grip, but if you know someone with the proper equipment, let them install the sights. With that being said, I installed my sights with hand tools in my garage. I got lucky, they are dead on at 10 yards, and only a hair off out at 25. If you want to research sight installation, check out youtube; a lot of helpful videos there. Also, I learned how to install the slide stop from youtube too. Good luck!

Old 09-28-2011, 03:17 AM   #3

Liked 75 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 291

I have the Super tuck and the same sights for my Model 32. I installed the sights with no problem, they even come with all the tools you need.
The grip glove will probably work but I'm not totally sure. The Slide release should be pretty easy also though I haven't changed mine.

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, but evil is not overcome by fleeing from it"

Jeff Cooper

Old 09-28-2011, 03:46 AM   #4

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

The slide stop lever is easy, but you need a pusher for the rear sights. The 36 is the single stack, it may be a little narrower than the 19, but I am not sure, I have not compared them side by side.

Integrity is doing good even when no-one is looking

Originally posted by Skullcrusher: "I believe the fact that you are LEO speaks for itself. When talking about strong women and guns, you are implied in every statement."

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Glass is proof that women have control over everything in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Glass has now achieved "Goddess Status" in my mind. I'm not worthy.....

Old 09-28-2011, 01:05 PM   #5

The XS Big Dot sights come with a pusher and a combo tool with a wrench for the screw under the front sight and an allen key to lock down the rear. Even a tube of thread locker. Very good instructions too

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, but evil is not overcome by fleeing from it"

Jeff Cooper

Old 09-28-2011, 09:46 PM   #6

Glock doesn't make an extended slide stop for the G36. Glockmeister makes one, it's a modified Glock slide stop, modified to fit the G36. Most people say it works great but a few people have said it didn't work reliably for them:
Glockmeister Extended Slide Stop Lever G36-www.glockmeister.com

Here are instructions on how to install the slide stop correctly:
Slide Stop change/install:

(^^^DO NOT use a mallet to force the pins, move the slide stop forward and backward, up and down, until the trigger pin slides relatively freely through)

Correct slide stop spring position: Glock Talk - View Single Post - problem after doing the 25 cent trigger job

And here's a great Detail Strip video:

Old 09-29-2011, 11:10 PM   #7

Thanks everyone. I bought the stop from glockstore.com. Here is the one I bought. GlockStore.com - Glock Parts & Accessories, Glock Magazines & Apparel

Old 10-01-2011, 03:51 PM   #8

Default New Glock owner with lots of questions....

the G 36 is sort of alone not much of anything is interchangeable Holsters included , nice thing about them is they are very affordable 45 ACP because shooting twice is silly

Happiness is a Belt Fed Weapon

Old 10-07-2011, 12:53 AM   #9

Got everything working with the exception of the Pearce +0. I have to buy a set of punches or get a Glock tool. I've fooled with the mag and it is too hard to get the bottom plate off without the proper tools. The XS Big Dots were a breeze to install. Just follow the instructions. The extended slide release was a cake walk as well. The grip that I ordered was "3 fingered" instead of two, so I "eyeballed it" and cut the top "finger" off and it works for now. I'll keep looking for a new grip but this one serves the purpose temporarily. Here are a couple of pics from my Iphone.

Best view I could get.

Extended Slide Release

"Adapted" Grip

Old 10-07-2011, 02:10 AM   #10

Good job! I really like the sights. I got to try mine out last weekend and it takes a little getting used to but I like 'em.

Jeff Cooper