New Glock owner
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > New Glock owner

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2013, 07:37 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default New Glock owner

I just bought my first polymer pistol. I have not been a fan of 'plastic' pistols before. However, due to physical disability, I had started looking at dao or striker pistols. I had a Beretta 40 cal., but the da/sa action was becoming to difficult on first shot( da) . I looked at several diffetent brands/models. Springfield xdm;Smith and Wesson M&P; Sig 250; and Glock 22,23,26etc. I did research and handled all of the above. I finally decided on a Glock 23, gen4. I chose the Glock because I liked the way it felt in my hand; Glock reputatipn of reliability; Sig was a liitle more expensive; Smith was a little heavier;;and Springfield was issuing a recall.(though not on the xdm's). I chose the gen 4 because of the extra mag, and modidied mag release. First day I got it I took it to the range. I gathered up all the different types and brands of ammo I had and shot some of each of it. Fmj's; hp's frangible, brass and aluminum cased. I had no problems with any of it! And man, the 23 was so accurate ! I loved shooting it. I put about 150 rds through it that day., and the next day webt to an outdoor range and put another couple hundred rounds through it! I am sold. Say what you want, but I am so glad I got the Glock. Biggest problem I have now with it, I want to shoot it all the time!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-07-2013, 12:15 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

I bought a Glock 23 a couple weeks ago. It's probably a hand size thing, but I wasn't anywhere near as comfortable shooting the G23 as I am with my G27. You would expect just the opposite, but in my case that wasn't true. Maybe it's just a matter of growing accustomed to it. It shoots well, it's right at aim point, and it seems to feed anything I put in it. I just had to keep adjusting my grip, which is something I don't have to do with the 27. On the other hand, my daughter loves the 23 and won't shoot the 27. Whoever ends up with it, I have no doubt we'll be keeping it. I'm just amazed at my experiences with it.

Old 09-07-2013, 03:28 PM   #3

Liked 1069 Times on 752 Posts
Likes Given: 1073

I bought a new G23Gen4 a couple years ago and have nothing bad to say about it. Great pistol. But watch out, you may do what I did and get the G22 and G27 (both used so not Gen4). ... Then a G23 40-9mm conversion barrel, which also works in the G27.

It's just the beginning when you buy a new gun/caliber you like!

ETA:

Like Doc says, the grip on all three above is different and you'll no doubt find one fits better than the others. For me it's the G23, then G22.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Last edited by Quentin; 09-07-2013 at 03:34 PM.

Old 09-07-2013, 03:48 PM   #4

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402
I bought a Glock 23 a couple weeks ago. It's probably a hand size thing, but I wasn't anywhere near as comfortable shooting the G23 as I am with my G27. You would expect just the opposite, but in my case that wasn't true. Maybe it's just a matter of growing accustomed to it. It shoots well, it's right at aim point, and it seems to feed anything I put in it. I just had to keep adjusting my grip, which is something I don't have to do with the 27. On the other hand, my daughter loves the 23 and won't shoot the 27. Whoever ends up with it, I have no doubt we'll be keeping it. I'm just amazed at my experiences with it.
Have you tried the two spare back straps for it? I have smaller hands but use the largest back strap on my G23gen4 because I like where it puts my finger on the trigger as opposed to the small where I feel my finger is too far into the guard; it put the trigger in the crease of my finger. I hear the newest gen4s are coming with beaver tail back straps as well.

Old 09-08-2013, 12:39 AM   #5

Liked 325 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 517

Proud owner of a Glock 21SF and love it. Congrats and welcome to the club.

Old 09-08-2013, 01:57 AM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Just picked up a gen3 Glock 30. I have bigger hands and it fits me well.

Old 09-09-2013, 05:34 PM   #7

Liked 748 Times on 451 Posts
Likes Given: 402

Glocks are good pistols are fun to shoot but don't get hooked on the kool-aide.