Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > New glock owner ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2013, 04:29 AM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

In calling the police because that's a steal!!!! Lol these days u an get 150 rounds for 290 bucks with out the gun lol

Old 04-05-2013, 12:47 PM   #52

Liked 14 Times on 13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrontierTCB
Agreed. Seems that the kid is too mature for this childish rhetoric.
One person suggests he "respect his elders" and "get a job" because he wants to open carry. I never read anything that would suggest he was disrespectful or unemployed.
Also if a 19 year old can be sent to open carry on the streets of Kandahar, as far as I'm concerned he can carry here as well.
Thank you, I'm not like most 19 year olds. I'm from West Virginia and I was raised right. I have a full time job and I also attend West Virginia state full time. I'm thankful to live in a state where I can open carry. Thanks all for giving the good advice. I'm actually pretty knowledgable about guns I worked at dicks sporting goods selling firearms for a year then gander Mtn for about 6 months. BUT this is my first time owning/ handling a glock. I knew there would be people with childish responses but after sifting through the trite, there is some excellent information. Thanks everyone for the positive advice.

Old 04-05-2013, 12:51 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrontierTCB
Agreed. Seems that the kid is too mature for this childish rhetoric.
One person suggests he "respect his elders" and "get a job" because he wants to open carry. I never read anything that would suggest he was disrespectful or unemployed.
Also if a 19 year old can be sent to open carry on the streets of Kandahar, as far as I'm concerned he can carry here as well.
I'm not like most 19 year olds. I was born and raised in West Virginia where my parents raised me right. I work full time and also attend West Virginia state full time. I am fairly knowledgable about firearms. I worked at dicks sporting goods selling guns for a year and then moved over to gander mountain where I sold firearms for 6 months. BUT this is my first time owning and handling a glock. I knew there would be negative posts but after sifting through the trite, I took away some excellent advice. Thanks all for the positive posts!

Old 05-15-2013, 01:56 AM   #54

Ok so I have some new questions. I had to adjust the sights on my glock 19 and now I am uncertain if I have gotten it right or not. Sometimes it seems as if Im blowing the center of my target and other times I'm hardly hitting it. I know it is probably my fault but what can I do to change it?

Old 05-15-2013, 02:32 PM   #55

Liked 203 Times on 132 Posts

I would look into taking a good basic shooting course at a local range maybe.
If you cant find one or afford that you can learn the way everybody seems to learn everything these days.....YouTube.
Search videos on grip, stance, trigger pull etc. Find some that work for you then PRACTICE.

Old 05-15-2013, 10:39 PM   #56

Liked 32 Times on 18 Posts

^^ what he said. Plus, while testing to see if the sights are on or not, use a steady rest from a solid bench. Not free hand. Take as much operator error out of the equation as you can.

Old 05-16-2013, 12:36 AM   #57

Liked 14 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 124

"I have the 17, which is basically the same as the 19 except its a little bit bigger; so to answer your question the best way I can, ill tell you what I do in terms of the trigger safety. I carry my 17 almost everyday. 99% of the time it's with the trigger safety enabled."

Just curious "VasDaGoon"... I have a G23 currently and shot / handled at least a doz or more other Glocks. Other than the standard trigger safety that is part of the over all trigger system I have never heard of or seen a trigger safety that can be engaged or disengaged on a Glock. I am not trying to be a flake or discourteous but if there is another or different safety please let me know. Some competition shooters disable their trigger safeties on their "trick" guns but the guys I work or shoot with don't carry those as a duty or carry weapon for the obvious reasons.

Old 05-17-2013, 05:14 AM   #58

Liked 14 Times on 8 Posts

I own several handguns.....sigs, ruger, s&w & of course glock .....I have a hard time understanding how ANYONE could not recognize glock as a more reliable weapon.....I read those posts all the time & it makes me think that s&w or ruger sales ppl have to be leaving them.....anyone that knows glock understands just how reliable they are

Old 05-18-2013, 02:48 AM   #59

Liked 61 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonscottkelly
I own several handguns.....sigs, ruger, s&w & of course glock .....I have a hard time understanding how ANYONE could not recognize glock as a more reliable weapon.....I read those posts all the time & it makes me think that s&w or ruger sales ppl have to be leaving them.....anyone that knows glock understands just how reliable they are
Agreed. I trust my M&P, but I trust my Glock more. My Ruger 357 SP101 will be here long after both those semi's are gone. Plastic guns are great, but you can't stack up their reliability and longevity against a stainless steel Ruger revolver.

Old 05-18-2013, 03:00 AM   #60

Liked 14 Times on 8 Posts

Hey Danolater - completely get the stainless vs plastic comparison & i concede your point.....however, i have never had a weapon that has taken the abuse I have put my glocks through & they still perform as well as the day I bought them. Living in Massachusetts we cannot buy any Glock made after '96 so all glocks I own were purchased used with high round counts.....I have never upgraded any part of my glocks, have put thousands of rounds through them & they just do not quit