New glock owner ... - Page 5
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum >

New glock owner ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2013, 09:25 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 31 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGlockOrGoHome
And don't get me wrong, there are other GREAT pistols out there. Sig, S&W, Ruger, etc., but you can't beat the reliability of a stock Glock. And they're very inexpensive.

Plus, there is sooooo many accessories made for them.

Think about it...98% of law enforcement agencies across our WHOLE country issues Glock. If for some reason an officer wants to use something else, they have to have it approved...

I dont think you can argue how great Glock is. You'll just sound stupid trying to degrade them.

And again...MANY other great pistols out there. There is no BEST pistol, but you can finitely argue that Glock is ONE of the most reliable pistols in the world and probably at the best price among them.
Lets not over state glocks. If 98% of departments use glocks it's 98% because of economics not quality. Glocks are fine weapons and are very simple I've shot and carried many but the reliability is over stated. It is no more or less than any other major manufacturer. I've seen whole batches of glocks returned because of functioning problems. It can happen to any manufacturer. Glocks really don't like limp writing either. You have to test the Internet isn't always true.

This guy got a great deal and an awesome first gun.

Old 04-04-2013, 01:38 PM   #42

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by j4454

Lets not over state glocks. If 98% of departments use glocks it's 98% because of economics not quality. Glocks are fine weapons and are very simple I've shot and carried many but the reliability is over stated. It is no more or less than any other major manufacturer. I've seen whole batches of glocks returned because of functioning problems. It can happen to any manufacturer. Glocks really don't like limp writing either. You have to test the Internet isn't always true.

This guy got a great deal and an awesome first gun.
It is 98%. And they ARE more reliable than most in their price range.
It may be because of "economics" that the law enforcement chooses Glock, but if other pistols are just as good for the same price, than 98% of them wouldn't be using Glock. It proves that they ARE a more reliable pistol for the price.

No one ever said "glock is the best pistol ever, period".
And I'm not over stating anything.

You say "you've seen whole bunches of Glocks returned due to functioning problems" If this story is true, it was simply a production error caused by a human or a malfunction of the production equipment, not a flaw in the Glock design.
Which is almost certain, because if that many Glocks in a batch malfunctioned it would be so extremely statistically significant that it would obviously point to human error. (Look up "statistically significant" or take an advanced statistics course)
These production errors dont change the fact that the design of the glock allows it to be one of the most reliable pistols in the world.

Last edited by GoGlockOrGoHome; 04-04-2013 at 01:48 PM.

Old 04-04-2013, 02:09 PM   #43

Liked 1101 Times on 659 Posts
Likes Given: 55

OK, OK people lets not get FANBOY in here. The kid got a great gun for the price. Like I said I carry a G35 and I love it, but I also have other firearms that I love shooting. So, lets not scare the kid away because you guys are having a pissing match in here!!!
vincent Likes This 
Old 04-04-2013, 02:27 PM   #44

Liked 250 Times on 167 Posts

Agreed. Seems that the kid is too mature for this childish rhetoric.
One person suggests he "respect his elders" and "get a job" because he wants to open carry. I never read anything that would suggest he was disrespectful or unemployed.
Also if a 19 year old can be sent to open carry on the streets of Kandahar, as far as I'm concerned he can carry here as well.

Old 04-04-2013, 02:59 PM   #45

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrontierTCB
Agreed. Seems that the kid is too mature for this childish rhetoric.
One person suggests he "respect his elders" and "get a job" because he wants to open carry. I never read anything that would suggest he was disrespectful or unemployed.
Also if a 19 year old can be sent to open carry on the streets of Kandahar, as far as I'm concerned he can carry here as well.
Exactly...
And I small for open carry.
Exercise your right to carry.
And it isn't "disrespecting law enforcement"...
Law enforcement is only "disrespecting" you and your rights if they give you ANY hassle..

Old 04-04-2013, 05:59 PM   #46

Quote:

It is 98%. And they ARE more reliable than most in their price range.
It may be because of "economics" that the law enforcement chooses Glock, but if other pistols are just as good for the same price, than 98% of them wouldn't be using Glock. It proves that they ARE a more reliable pistol for the price.

No one ever said "glock is the best pistol ever, period".
And I'm not over stating anything.

You say "you've seen whole bunches of Glocks returned due to functioning problems" If this story is true, it was simply a production error caused by a human or a malfunction of the production equipment, not a flaw in the Glock design.
Which is almost certain, because if that many Glocks in a batch malfunctioned it would be so extremely statistically significant that it would obviously point to human error. (Look up "statistically significant" or take an advanced statistics course)
These production errors dont change the fact that the design of the glock allows it to be one of the most reliable pistols in the world.
Glocks is notorious for there department "give aways". They hand departments glocks for basically nothing. M&P is giving them a run for there money now with better ergonomics and overall design features. A lot of bigger departments are switching.

Glocks are notorious for when next gens come out having some issues. The gen 4 g21 had issues cycling the hot ammo as well as feeding. The problem was corrected but it took almost a year.

Again reliability is an overstated aspect of glocks. All major manufacturers are reliable I've shot them all. Price? If that's your key glock or M&P but don't buy a glock because departments do. Glocks are cheap and idiot proof that's why departments use them trust me.

Old 04-05-2013, 12:18 AM   #47

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by j4454

Glocks is notorious for there department "give aways". They hand departments glocks for basically nothing. M&P is giving them a run for there money now with better ergonomics and overall design features. A lot of bigger departments are switching.

Glocks are notorious for when next gens come out having some issues. The gen 4 g21 had issues cycling the hot ammo as well as feeding. The problem was corrected but it took almost a year.

Again reliability is an overstated aspect of glocks. All major manufacturers are reliable I've shot them all. Price? If that's your key glock or M&P but don't buy a glock because departments do. Glocks are cheap and idiot proof that's why departments use them trust me.
Okay. We'll "trust you".

Old 04-05-2013, 01:19 AM   #48

Quote:

Okay. We'll "trust you".
Your sarcasm is noted. My last post may sound arrogant, sorry. Maybe I should preface with my experience is with LEO sidearms. Just saying don't go glock because the Internet says they are "more" reliable that's my only point.

I would love to know your level of experience in firearms "glockorgohome"

Old 04-05-2013, 02:14 AM   #49

Liked 1961 Times on 1033 Posts
Likes Given: 4288

Aaaaaaaaanyways.....back at the ranch...

OP-Congrats on your new firearm, you got it at a GREAT price...jealous I am...

Perfect practice makes perfect. Make every shot count. With practice, you'll develop the muscle memory that keeps your booger hook off the bangswitch naturally, gets you quick sight acquisition, recoil management...all that good stuff...

Like the others have said, wait until you know your firearm well enough before you decide for sure on any upgrades but...

A new recoil spring assembly is never a bad idea. I hate how it's made from plastic and I have seen them break. If that happens at the wrong time, you're SOL...

Try these out, a bit on the pricy side but it ain't gonna break on ya...

http://glockparts.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=126710&CAT=737

Different model pictured but you get the idea...

Congrats and hook us up with a range report when you can...

Old 04-05-2013, 02:21 AM   #50

Liked 587 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Down_Town_Dalton
I just recently bought a gen 3 glock 19 with 150 rounds of ammo and 2 magazines for 290$.

This is my first and only glock. Is there anything anyone recommends in changing out or upgrading ?
I added MeproLights night sights and extended slide release to my gen 3 19.. Great pistol, great deal. Clean throughly, shoot, repeat. Enjoy

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.