New glock owner ... - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum >

New glock owner ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2013, 08:07 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 14 Times on 13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VazDaGoon

That sounds like a GREAT deal. You got a "steal" for that price. Congrats man. Btw, you don't really need to twerk anything with the 19. It's a great gun, especially the 3rd gen.
Thank you very much, it's at 98% I mean the guy bought it, shot 13 rounds through and then sold it to me so I was surprised and very pleased with the deal.

Old 04-01-2013, 08:15 PM   #12

Liked 283 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 192

You got that gun for less than HALF the current price, not even mentioning the ammo, congrats!

Dont worry about extras for now.

concentrate on your gun and learn the mechanics and behavior (safety, trigger pull, sight picture, etc) and practice all the time. I would build up to carrying with one in the pipe until you get the confidence. Remember you are carrying a loaded gun with no REAL safety. I would carry with a full mag, but dont rack the slide/chamber a round in the beginning.

Old 04-01-2013, 08:55 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessSteel215
You got that gun for less than HALF the current price, not even mentioning the ammo, congrats!

Dont worry about extras for now.

concentrate on your gun and learn the mechanics and behavior (safety, trigger pull, sight picture, etc) and practice all the time. I would build up to carrying with one in the pipe until you get the confidence. Remember you are carrying a loaded gun with no REAL safety. I would carry with a full mag, but dont rack the slide/chamber a round in the beginning.
Thank you and great advice that's definitely an area I will be working in improving another question I might ask is, is it hard to draw from a holster knowing there isn't a safety besides the trigger ? If so what should I do to overcome that ?

Old 04-01-2013, 09:06 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3864 Times on 2306 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Down_Town_Dalton View Post
Thank you and great advice that's definitely an area I will be working in improving another question I might ask is, is it hard to draw from a holster knowing there isn't a safety besides the trigger ? If so what should I do to overcome that ?
If you are going to use the gun a lot, I would only change their crappy plastic sights. They break easy. Buy metallic three dot. Might as well get some for the nighttime. Have a professional install.

Old 04-01-2013, 09:42 PM   #15

Liked 22 Times on 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Down_Town_Dalton

I have the 17, which is basically the same as the 19 except its a little bit bigger; so to answer your question the best way I can, ill tell you what I do in terms of the trigger safety. I carry my 17 almost everyday. 99% of the time it's with the trigger safety enabled. Your question is interesting because it poses a very serious question: what if I were in a situation where I'd have to pull out on someone who pulls out on me? Wouldn't the safety put me at a disadvantage, being I would have to cock it back in order to shoot? There's no right answer to that question. However, there are some decisions you can make in order to address the issue. 1: you can pick and choose what environments you'd like the safety enabled in. For example, Personally, if I'm going to the supermarket to buy some bread, or I'm going from point A to B, my trigger safety is on at all times. ill take my chances with cocking it back as I draw. If i know I'm going into the worst part of the city, with all my jewelry on, drapped up and dripped out lol, my glock is off safety, with one in the head, ready to go. However, Normally, I don't put myself in that situation. 2: you can PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE until you feel you're efficient and fast enough to draw without the trigger safety being a liability. Personally, I do both. In addition, I honestly prefer the trig safety. while my firearm is safely secure at all times, I feel like most kids would be less likely to discharge the firearm if they ever got their hands on it. the mechanics and the pressure/strength it takes to get it ready to go would make it virtually impossible for say, a 5 or 6 year old to effectively cock back and shoot. That's not to say it shouldn't be safely secure at all times though. don't get me wrong, god willing, my 17 will never touch anyone's hands, let alone a kid. When compared to a simple switch on the side of the firearm, I prefer a trig safety.

Old 04-01-2013, 09:48 PM   #16

Liked 1912 Times on 990 Posts
Likes Given: 1456

Are you in a 'high capacity' magazine state? I'd get another magazine so as to load almost a full box at a time. If you get a G17 magazine, you should be able to load a full box at one time I think. The Maglula UpLULA Pistol Magazine Loader works well.

Old 04-01-2013, 10:33 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincine
Are you in a 'high capacity' magazine state? I'd get another magazine so as to load almost a full box at a time. If you get a G17 magazine, you should be able to load a full box at one time I think. The Maglula UpLULA Pistol Magazine Loader works well.
West Virginia so yea

Old 04-01-2013, 10:35 PM   #18

Quote:

I have the 17, which is basically the same as the 19 except its a little bit bigger; so to answer your question the best way I can, ill tell you what I do in terms of the trigger safety. I carry my 17 almost everyday. 99% of the time it's with the trigger safety enabled. Your question is interesting because it poses a very serious question: what if I were in a situation where I'd have to pull out on someone who pulls out on me? Wouldn't the safety put me at a disadvantage, being I would have to cock it back in order to shoot? There's no right answer to that question. However, there are some decisions you can make in order to address the issue. 1: you can pick and choose what environments you'd like the safety enabled in. For example, Personally, if I'm going to the supermarket to buy some bread, or I'm going from point A to B, my trigger safety is on at all times. ill take my chances with cocking it back as I draw. If i know I'm going into the worst part of the city, with all my jewelry on, drapped up and dripped out lol, my glock is off safety, with one in the head, ready to go. However, Normally, I don't put myself in that situation. 2: you can PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE until you feel you're efficient and fast enough to draw without the trigger safety being a liability. Personally, I do both. In addition, I honestly prefer the trig safety. while my firearm is safely secure at all times, I feel like most kids would be less likely to discharge the firearm if they ever got their hands on it. the mechanics and the pressure/strength it takes to get it ready to go would make it virtually impossible for say, a 5 or 6 year old to effectively cock back and shoot. That's not to say it shouldn't be safely secure at all times though. don't get me wrong, god willing, my 17 will never touch anyone's hands, let alone a kid. When compared to a simple switch on the side of the firearm, I prefer a trig safety.
Sounds great ill Deff take your advice and get some practice in.
Any recommended holsters ? Where should I buy them from?

Old 04-01-2013, 10:37 PM   #19

Quote:

Thank you. Ill Deff get some range time and practice in,
Any recommended holsters ?
Where should I buy them ?

Old 04-01-2013, 10:45 PM   #20

Liked 22 Times on 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Down_Town_Dalton

Sounds great ill Deff take your advice and get some practice in.
Any recommended holsters ? Where should I buy them from?
I have the Blackhawk inside the pants holster. It's comfortable when compared to leather or other holster materials.

image-343260539.jpg

That's the one I have; in another barrel size.