Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Glock Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/)
-   -   new glock owner (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/new-glock-owner-83893/)

neilshupak55 02-10-2013 05:38 PM

new glock owner

after owning many pistols over the years I decided to get a glock 19..out of the box the trigger was horrible. I got a 3.5 # trigger kit and a s/s recoil spring guide rod.I completely broke it down and polished everything I could get to.after putting it back together ,it feels great.going to the range next week to put a few downrange.I could us any info on smoothing the slide.The first third on pullback is a bit lumpy. I am a tech and like parts to work together..My second polymer gun. First one was a Kahr p380 and was terrible out of the box.went back to Kahr 2 times with multiple issues..seems ok now...

Careful out there......Only you can protect you..peace

GeneralPatton 02-11-2013 04:52 PM

It just needs to be used to get worn in. Fire a few hundred rounds through it, the lumpy feeling will smooth out. I hated the trigger out of the box as well, and did the 3.5 and couldn't have been any happier.

broke-again124 02-11-2013 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neilshupak55
after owning many pistols over the years I decided to get a glock 19..out of the box the trigger was horrible. I got a 3.5 # trigger kit and a s/s recoil spring guide rod.I completely broke it down and polished everything I could get to.after putting it back together ,it feels great.going to the range next week to put a few downrange.I could us any info on smoothing the slide.The first third on pullback is a bit lumpy. I am a tech and like parts to work together..My second polymer gun. First one was a Kahr p380 and was terrible out of the box.went back to Kahr 2 times with multiple issues..seems ok now...

Careful out there......Only you can protect you..peace

Shoot 500-1000 rnds and watch what happens...glory. Keep it lubed and don't clean until 500. Gotta lathe that metal. Just keep pourin lube on her every 150-200 rnds or so.

neilshupak55 02-26-2013 10:13 PM

back from the range...wow the 19 is better than I expected...easily the best 9mm I have ever shot.after polishing everything I could it was a smooth as it could be..now to the kahr p380...another mal.....the slide would not lock after the last shot...never had it work without one problem...I am retiring it as my carry gun,,,no trust and I will return it to kahr again...final vote....POS..would not recommend this to anyone...looking for a glock26... peace all

KG7IL 02-26-2013 10:25 PM

I noticed my 17 -2 improved somewhat with the 3.5 Ghost Trigger kit.

A good trigger kit or some work, helps, but still feels like a semi-cocked striker fire trigger. If you compare with a 1911 style trigger, you will see what you would like to achieve with the Glock, but it will never happen because of the design differences.

I'll give the Ghost Trigger good marks for approaching a "Great" trigger.