New Glock owner - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > New Glock owner

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2013, 02:22 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUDAN View Post
Anyone have any advice as to what brand is best for and extension? Drives me nuts that my pinky finger hangs off just wanna get the fixed and it will be perfect!
Pearce makes them I believe. I have one on each of my mags. I have the Fobus holster and really like it. As for customization, in 12 years all I have done is swap to the 3.5 trigger and the mag release extension button. And the mag button isn't really a necessary thing, I just did it cause I wanted to do something.

Old 01-29-2013, 03:45 AM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Awesome guys thanks for all the input! I see theres prolly not much ill do to customize it maybe sights, I like to extended mag release idea. Most of the customizing will be to the wife's bodygaurd as she HAS to have pink lol.

Old 01-29-2013, 03:48 AM   #13

Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

Wondering... If you hate your pinkie coming off the end of the grip, why did you choose the 26 over the 19?

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face
RogerH Likes This 
Old 01-29-2013, 04:14 AM   #14

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHLChris
Wondering... If you hate your pinkie coming off the end of the grip, why did you choose the 26 over the 19?

Honestly I fired my father in laws and just loved it. He has the extension just didnt know wht brands were recommended and such. The 19 might be amazing just knew I had fired the 26 and loved it. What is the difference? I am new to handguns so forgive my ignorance.

Old 01-29-2013, 04:45 AM   #15

Liked 40 Times on 30 Posts

Does anybody know were i cam find a 30 rnd mag for my g19 3rd gen ive looked all over the enternet but havnt had any luck

Old 01-29-2013, 04:50 AM   #16

Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

First off, Pearce is the company that makes extensions for the Glock 26 magazines. The magazine end cap comes off really easily by simply pressing the little button on the bottom and sliding it off (be careful of the spring).

The 19 has a grip just long enough for your whole hand, and carries 5 more rounds. The barrel is 1/2" longer and the 19 has a rail for lights/lasers/bayonets. :-)

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face

Old 01-29-2013, 05:05 AM   #17

Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUDAN
As of today I'm officially a first time Glock owner, this is my first conceal an carry gun as well. Went with the 26 as I'm only 5'5 135 and really between the 26 and 27 I just didnt see a reason to go with 40 vs 9. Haven't gotten a holster yet, is that something I should order from Glock or where should I order from? Also what kind of customization can be done to the gun? Once again new to handguns really. Grew up hunting but always riffles.
I'm sorry to here that. The good news is there is a cure. "XD" lol.

But seriously Congratulations. There is no limit to what can be done to a glock. They have bin around for a long time, so there are a lot of parts for them.

For the record. Isn't it funny that when someone buys there first Glock the first thing they ask is what they can do to upgrade it. I know you asked about customization but still.

Check out hydro dipping.

Old 01-29-2013, 10:49 PM   #18

Liked 40 Times on 30 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter88 View Post
Does anybody know were i cam find a 30 rnd mag for my g19 3rd gen ive looked all over the enternet but havnt had any luck
????????????????

Old 01-30-2013, 01:56 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnik1988
I use Backhawk CQC holsters for outside the waistband carry, they aren't super concealable, but are very comfortable and have a retention lock.

For inner waist band carry I use a Galco, very good holster. IWB is the only way to go for concealment, normally not quite as comfortable though.

Congrats on the purchase, I have a Gen3 19 and love it.
Love the blackhawk serpa holster fort glock 37

Old 02-03-2013, 02:41 AM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 185 Times on 125 Posts
Likes Given: 501

Holsters for CCW...everyone is going to have their favorites and that is a good thing. Several things you need to keep in mind. Just like there is not one outfit for every occasion, there is not one holster right for every occasion. Depending on your body build and what kind of clothing you're wearing, the weather, etc. there are going to be different holsters that will optimize your carry experience. Naturally, you will want one that is comfortable, retains the gun well, doesn't print or reveal the gun and is good to draw from concealment. What works best for you will not necessarily work the best for others. The choice of inside-the-waistband, outside the waistband, pocket, etc. will be confusing at first, but will yield some good choices after awhile. You will buy some holsters that seem to be the answer but will end up in a drawer somewhere. I would suggest talking to some NRA-certified instructors, some gunstore owners, going to your local IDPA matches and talking to some of the competitors & if you know some law enforcement officers in your area, talk to them as well. See what advice they offer but don't run out and buy everything that is suggested. For something as large as a G26, I would shy away from shoulder holsters and ankle holsters however, and try to focus on good strong-side belt (inside or outside the waistband) and maybe a pocket holster. One of my students was just your size and did well with a leather strong-side belt holster. Hopefully, you'll never have to draw from it in a real-life situation, but it's good to know you can. As for the sights, I've had every kind of sight out there and happen to like the Glock factory night sights. What works best for you and your vision is what dictates your choice. One last suggestion, find a gun club close to you and go shoot some matches. IDPA, IPSC, etc. - it doesn't matter, just try your equipment and see what the pros and cons are for what you have. That will direct you to what's best for you.

“The ultimate aim of martial arts is not having to use them”
― Miyamoto Musashi
"The only gunfight won is the one avoided."
― The Rukh
"Ignorance is treatable - stupidity is terminal."
― The Rukh