New Glock Owner
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > New Glock Owner

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2011, 12:10 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default New Glock Owner

Just bought a Glock 32c .357 sig, haven't shot it yet, can't wait, just wanted to say hi to everyone and glad to be a member of the community.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-09-2011, 12:24 AM   #2

Liked 1069 Times on 752 Posts
Likes Given: 1073

Nice! I hope your new Glock turns out well.

I just bought a G23 Gen4 a few hours ago too. Kinda reversed the numbers from your 32!

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 06-09-2011, 01:00 AM   #3

Default wish

ya i wish they had the 4th generation in the 32 model but oh well

Old 06-09-2011, 01:43 AM   #4

Default wondering

was thinking about changing the factory sights on my new glock, was looking at these TAS Pistol Sights Tactical Aiming Solutions

Does anyone have any experience with these sights? what do yall think?

Old 06-10-2011, 03:44 AM   #5

Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts

I use Tru-Glo on all my Glocks, however I have read nothing but good reviews on the TAS'.... I just don't have a convenient way to try them before I order

In god we trust, all others we monitor...

Old 06-10-2011, 05:17 AM   #6

Liked 41 Times on 30 Posts

If it were me, I would put a few rounds(to be read a couple hundred or more) through it first. Really feel it out and be confident it is the pistol you want in your hands before you invest too much time or money adding to it. I have a buddy who bought some sort of 8.5" barreled .357 mag revolver and before he ever shot it he took it to a smith and had the barrel ported and the entire body refinished. He even had the smith jewel the grooves on the cylinder ( if I remember correctly). The gun was absolutely beautiful when all the work was done and it looked incredible. He took it out several times and put upwards of 1000 rounds of various .357 and .38 loads. After all his trial and error, he determined he didn't care for revolvers nor did he like the feel of discharging the .357 round. Ultimately he traded his revolver for a Glock 23 Gen 4. (I think it was gen 4). He was so happy with his new Glock, but in the end he was several hundred dollars behind.....

Old 06-10-2011, 03:41 PM   #7

Liked 1069 Times on 752 Posts
Likes Given: 1073

Excellent point, Werminator! And one we should repeat more often when someone wants to make changes before putting many rounds downrange. Sometimes a gun just doesn't work out for you and it's best to find out soon.

And of course if it has to go in for warranty work, it's best not to have lots of changes. Yeah, shake out the gun while it's stock and be sure it works first.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 06-10-2011, 08:06 PM   #8

thanks for the great advice, will definitely put some rounds through it and will also try it out as my conceal carry weapon to see if i fall in love with it or not

Old 06-11-2011, 12:56 AM   #9

Liked 80 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcountry View Post
Just bought a Glock 32c .357 sig, haven't shot it yet, can't wait, just wanted to say hi to everyone and glad to be a member of the community.
bcountry, well to the wonderful world of Glock and even better the world of .357 SIG! I too in the last few weeks bought a G32 (no compensation) and love it! you will enjoy the shooting experience sooo much. Easy carry piece as well.

if your looking at sights, for my money nothing beats Ghost ring iron sights. center of mass dream! here a few pics at diff. angles

Old 06-11-2011, 02:13 PM   #10

thanks dodger blue, will take a look at the iron sights you mentioned, my conceal carry piece for the last 4 years has been XD .45, wonderful shooting gun, but just had to dive in on the .357 sig from glock.

Funny thing is when i went to the gun store to see if the owner could order it for me he asked me like 3 times was I sure I wanted the C model and finally I asked him what was the big deal, he laughed and said I hope you own some good ear plugs casue its going to be loud, never thought about that before, but I always wear them when I shoot anyway.

Last edited by bcountry; 06-11-2011 at 02:17 PM.