new to glock,need some answers - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > new to glock,need some answers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2013, 03:21 PM   #11
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8511 Times on 4577 Posts
Likes Given: 18023

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10
Lone wolf barrel is something you dink with at the range, but no replacement barrel should replace a factory barrel on a defence handgun from Glock. I have several KKM barrels, but I would not trust a small machine shop R&D over that of Glock as a duty handgun.
That is the proper way of voicing a dissenting opinion.

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

Old 06-29-2013, 05:29 PM   #12

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10
Lone wolf barrel is something you dink with at the range, but no replacement barrel should replace a factory barrel on a defence handgun from Glock. I have several KKM barrels, but I would not trust a small machine shop R&D over that of Glock as a duty handgun.
I was thinking about getting a 9 mm Conversion barrel for my EDC G27 to be able to plink at the range with it with my gun girlfriends who all shoot 9mm. I personally learned from the start on .40 cal (long story why) and so I am comfortable with it very well.

Maybe I should just buy a 9mm Nano or something to shoot on girl days at the range. I was intrigued with the whole conversion barrel idea though....

Old 07-04-2013, 02:22 PM   #13

Liked 25 Times on 20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunsmith91
As far as a carry piece goes I would leave as much of it stock as possible. You don't want a lawyer questioning your motives if lord forbid you ever shoot someone. For the 19 are the chrome pieces extended? Or just chrome? I recommend functionality over looks, or if you can achieve both then awesome. Whatever floats your boat.
Have you ever see for yourself a case where someone was taken to court over a gun modification? Not "heard about it", but actually seen? I haven't. I haven't even heard of one.

Old 07-07-2013, 04:46 PM   #14

Liked 64 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALfiremedic1

Have you ever see for yourself a case where someone was taken to court over a gun modification? Not "heard about it", but actually seen? I haven't. I haven't even heard of one.
I agree. Been watching the Zimmerman trial and haven't heard squat about the weapon. I can see how a skilled lawyer may attempt to make a case about preconceived intent, but I think it would be a stretch at best to gain "beyond reasonable doubt" based on trigger modification.

Old 07-07-2013, 05:49 PM   #15

Liked 25 Times on 20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by danolator

I agree. Been watching the Zimmerman trial and haven't heard squat about the weapon. I can see how a skilled lawyer may attempt to make a case about preconceived intent, but I think it would be a stretch at best to gain "beyond reasonable doubt" based on trigger modification.
Agreed. Never heard a lawyer go after someone for putting performance parts on a car. It boils down to preference, not intent.

Old 07-11-2013, 03:40 AM   #16

Liked 266 Times on 190 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Zimmerman's gun was apparently a stock Kel-tec 9mm, carried in a proper holster ; so there isn't much the proscecution can use against him .
BTW - Has it occurred to anyone that when Zimmerman reached into his pocket, Martin may have thought he was pulling a knife and felt justified in launching a murderous attack with fists ?

Zimmerman was searching for his cell phone but Martin may have thought otherwise . There's still no cause to bring Zimmerman to trial but this theory may explain Martin's attack ....

Old 07-11-2013, 05:51 AM   #17
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1385 Times on 727 Posts
Likes Given: 620

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinguy34 View Post
I did see the extended chrome parts, I will order those some time this weekend, and the more I looked into the ported barrel you are right it will throw flash up into my line of sight, as far as the GL30 hours I'm going to leave it alone. But ill post as the upgrades come
Thanks
Sending the original barrel and slide to Mag-na-Port in Michigan is a better way to go, if you find you need porting. The cuts are very small and offset from the sight line so as not to interfere with aiming. Some .45s benefit from Mag-na-Porting not so much in recoil reduction as in muzzle twist or flip. Saw a Para LDA that used to twist violently to the left tamed completely by Mag-na-Port vents. Muzzle rise was cut in half and it only went straight up - no more twisting.

First thing to do is shoot it and identify what improvements are necessary for you personally. There may be improvements that are a waste of money if it answers a problem that doesn't exist. Never make any more changes than absolutely necessary to a stock gun when it will be used for self-defense and may wind up in front of a jury.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)