Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > new to glock,need some answers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2013, 08:04 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default new to glock,need some answers

I currently picked up the glock 19 and the glock 30. I just had some questions about upgrades. I am currently looking into a ported loan wolf barrel for my G30 which is my carry piece, is it worth it or just throwing my money away? As for my G19 I would like to make it my "standout" gun I was thinking about going with the chrome mag release button slide catch button. I would also like to do some performance upgrades as well, any suggestions.
Thanks

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-28-2013, 11:37 AM   #2

Liked 69 Times on 48 Posts

As far as a carry piece goes I would leave as much of it stock as possible. You don't want a lawyer questioning your motives if lord forbid you ever shoot someone. For the 19 are the chrome pieces extended? Or just chrome? I recommend functionality over looks, or if you can achieve both then awesome. Whatever floats your boat.

Old 06-28-2013, 11:39 AM   #3

Liked 69 Times on 48 Posts

For the 19 performance upgrades check out glockstore.com and rockyourglock.com they'll have trigger and connector kits. I heard that the pyramid trigger is awesome.

Old 06-28-2013, 11:51 AM   #4

Liked 1727 Times on 1043 Posts
Likes Given: 364

Porting a .45 is limited in usefulness. High pressure calibers benefit more from ports than low pressure calibers like the .45. Also if you indtended the 30 to primarily be a defensive gun, you will already have some decent flash to deal with in low light without having jets thrown up in your line of sight when the pistol if fired.

Old 06-28-2013, 12:49 PM   #5

I did see the extended chrome parts, I will order those some time this weekend, and the more I looked into the ported barrel you are right it will throw flash up into my line of sight, as far as the GL30 hours I'm going to leave it alone. But ill post as the upgrades come
Thanks

Old 06-29-2013, 08:01 AM   #6

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I went that route w/ my G17, please take my word lone wolf is crap. I have a lone wolf "prefit" my gunsmith told me would probably cause my gun to break or blow one say. I went with a KKM instead in stainless for the two tone look but hear good things about bar-sto and storm lake as well.

Old 06-29-2013, 02:03 PM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 2262 Times on 1188 Posts
Likes Given: 155

Quote:
Originally Posted by K305 View Post
I went that route w/ my G17, please take my word lone wolf is crap. I have a lone wolf "prefit" my gunsmith told me would probably cause my gun to break or blow one say. I went with a KKM instead in stainless for the two tone look but hear good things about bar-sto and storm lake as well.
Really? Lone Wolf is "crap"?

Your "gunsmith" based his opinion on what?

It would probably make your gun break or blow one say?

Please stop promulgating bull $hit and find another "gunsmith"

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 06-29-2013, 02:19 PM   #8

Liked 1949 Times on 1028 Posts
Likes Given: 4282

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunsmith91 View Post
As far as a carry piece goes I would leave as much of it stock as possible. You don't want a lawyer questioning your motives if lord forbid you ever shoot someone. For the 19 are the chrome pieces extended? Or just chrome? I recommend functionality over looks, or if you can achieve both then awesome. Whatever floats your boat.
Great post...+1

Unless you shoot cast reloads, swapping out the bbl is in the 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' category.

As an EDC (IMHO) you're best off leaving it stock...

If you plan to compete however, the advantages of some upgrades can be well worth it...

If you want to gussy up a GLOCK, it's your gun, your choice but to me it seems like an exercise in futility...silk purse out of a sows ear analogy comes to mind...but like I said, it's your gun, do what makes you happy...

Be safe...

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 06-29-2013, 02:22 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5308 Times on 2914 Posts
Likes Given: 10141

Dang, man. He was just giving his opinion of the product and reporting his gunsmith's advice.

No offense and none taken

Old 06-29-2013, 03:17 PM   #10
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 864 Times on 574 Posts
Likes Given: 216

Lone wolf barrel is something you dink with at the range, but no replacement barrel should replace a factory barrel on a defence handgun from Glock. I have several KKM barrels, but I would not trust a small machine shop R&D over that of Glock as a duty handgun.