New Glock fanboy - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > New Glock fanboy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2013, 03:58 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 118 Times on 60 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG7IL View Post
Congratulations on your new purchase. 10mm should be fun.
I'll stay on the 'Don't like the trigger and grip" side. Glad it fits your hand well.
I can understand that. The reason I hadn't bought a Glock before now is because of the trigger and grip. My M&P 40 was my first DAO handgun and it took me a long time to get used to that trigger. When I bought that gun I narrowed it down to the M&P and a Glock 22. I chose the M&P because it felt so much better in my hand (in the store). I bought the G20 primarily because of the caliber. Had always wanted a 10mm and the G20 was available and affordable. Just holding it in the store it felt like holding a brick but I bought it anyway. What I discovered was that it feels great in my hand when I'm actually shooting it. The grip angle doesn't feel the least bit awkward to me. As for the trigger, I like it better than the M&P. Not near as much travel, more positive reset and the pull is lighter.

Old 08-30-2013, 11:39 AM   #12

Liked 1139 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 246

As a NRA CRSO, the guns most reliable on the range are often times Glocks. Keep your finger off the trigger until you see your sights on the target. Keep your clothing free of your dedicated Glock holster as you reholster. Obey all gun safety rules, and Glocks will treat you pretty well.
KG7IL Likes This 
Old 09-04-2013, 11:35 PM   #13

Liked 325 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 517

Quote:
Originally Posted by fupuk View Post
I bought a 21 for a carry weapon a few months ago. This is my second glock and ive never had any problems out of them at all except when I used a Korean made magazine out of my glock 17. They are fairly inexpensive and accurate. The only thing ive done with either of them is paint the front sight with green nail polish. Good luck with your purchase.
The 21 was also my first Glock. It was my lasy duty weapon before I retired. Liked it so well I bought one of my own.

Old 09-05-2013, 06:19 AM   #14

Liked 285 Times on 206 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior1256 View Post

The 21 was also my first Glock. It was my lasy duty weapon before I retired. Liked it so well I bought one of my own.
I like mine alot. Its pretty light weight considering the fire power it holds. And It conceals very well also.
Warrior1256 Likes This 
Old 09-07-2013, 06:34 AM   #15

Liked 439 Times on 297 Posts
Likes Given: 135

here you guys go

http://www.armslist.com/posts/2086192/kansas-city-handguns-for-sale--fully-custom-glock-19

Old 09-07-2013, 07:49 AM   #16
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1296 Times on 721 Posts
Likes Given: 562

I think the M&P's slide is a better design for those with a physical disability, but if the Glock works for you then great.

I currently own a 17 Gen 4. It works, which is what I wanted from the pistol.

I think half the whining and crying about Glocks is emotional baggage and the other half are people who don't know how to shoot a pistol. I've shot Glocks, HK's, SAI XD's, Rugers, SiG's, S&W M&P's, 1911's from various manufacturers, and other random makes and models I can't recall at the moment.

From all the shooting I've done, I've never shot any specific semi-auto pistol so much better than the others that I just had to have a specific make or model. All of them can easily and repeatedly hit a playing card at 15 yards with factory ball ammunition and most are quite a bit more accurate than that.

Old 09-07-2013, 08:39 AM   #17

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

A wise man once told me, "A GLOCK is like the ugly chick you take home that ends up blowing your mind because she's willing to do whatever it takes to keep you happy."

When you're in a gun shop and you're looking for a new "toy", you're looking for something sexy, sleek, and downright nasty... You've got your Sigs, M&Ps, 1911s, and even some Comp ready pistols on the wall... And then you've got your GLOCKs. Flat black, NO chrome, NO shiny steel, NO buttons or obvious switches, just a plain ole pistol.

I would dare to say that this is what deters MOST from the GLOCK. Yes, some have given it a chance and found that it didn't fit them well after going thru hundreds of rounds (Ya' can't win 'em all right?). But one of the things that makes a GLOCK so good is its ergonomics. That and its attention to simplicity (if that even makes sense). It just feels natural.

Old 09-07-2013, 09:07 AM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 736 Times on 475 Posts
Likes Given: 232

Quote:
A wise man once told me, "A GLOCK is like the ugly chick you take home that ends up blowing your mind because she's willing to do whatever it takes to keep you happy
I would rather take a good looking chick home that is willing to do what ever I want. But if people are happy with ugly chicks that's fine some people have lower standards.

Old 09-07-2013, 09:18 AM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3729 Times on 2286 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotageeMilitant
But one of the things that makes a GLOCK so good is its ergonomics
I literally don't think I've ever heard of someone saying a Glock has superior ergos as compared to, say, an M&P. Or a 1911. Or even a Sig, which I tend to like less than some others, because it has a high bore axis. Still better ergos than a Glock.

My opinion, of course. That, and the fact that I've heard plenty of Glock lovers complain about their ergos.

Last edited by JW357; 09-07-2013 at 09:21 AM.

Old 09-07-2013, 10:17 AM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2451 Times on 1342 Posts
Likes Given: 336

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357

I literally don't think I've ever heard of someone saying a Glock has superior ergos as compared to, say, an M&P. Or a 1911. Or even a Sig, which I tend to like less than some others, because it has a high bore axis. Still better ergos than a Glock.

My opinion, of course. That, and the fact that I've heard plenty of Glock lovers complain about their ergos.
Glock fits my hand better than any of the others. But that's probably because my Glock 22 beat my hand into submission after firing tens of thousands of rounds with its crappy recoil.

Last edited by DeltaF; 09-07-2013 at 10:22 AM.