New Glock fanboy
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > New Glock fanboy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2013, 07:18 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 116 Times on 60 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default New Glock fanboy

This past Saturday, after 30 years of handgun ownership, I finally bought my first Glock. A G20 SF gen 3. All I can say is, WOW!!! I bought it at a place that has an indoor range so I was able to shoot it right away. I put 100 rounds through it on Saturday and was just blown away by how good it shoots even compared to my M&P 40 which up to now was my EDC gun. A few days ago I took both of them and had Truglo TFO sights installed on them so, of course, I had to go to the range today and try them out. I put 100 rounds through the M&P first. It was its usual sweet shooting self and I was a little more accurate than usual with the new sights. Then I put it away and pulled out the Glock and man, oh man! It made my M&P 40 seem like a pea shooter. Equally as accurate if not more so. Very comfortable in my somewhat huge hands in spite of the extra recoil. Granted I was shooting PMC target ammo and not full power loads but I don't have any doubt the recoil will be plenty manageable once I get a hold of some of the hot stuff. This is also my first experience with 10mm and I just can't for the life of me understand why the 10mm round is not more popular. It doesn't kick any more than a 357 magnum (actually less than a short barreled 357) and it doesn't kick nearly as hard as a .44 mag. Yes, it's a fairly large gun for a semi-auto but not really any bigger than a full framed .45. I bought a custom made Stoner OWB holster for it and I hardly even notice I'm carrying it. I have also carried it in the Comp-tac IWB holster that goes with my M&P 40. It's a little snug but it does fit and even with my shirt tucked in it isn't too bad to carry all day. The trick to carrying a big gun is to get a good holster for it. Oh well, now I'm rambling but I just can't quit gushing about how much I love my new Glock 20. Can't understand why everybody doesn't buy one.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-28-2013, 07:35 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 411 Times on 283 Posts
Likes Given: 127

What do you like about it compared with other handguns and what does it do better.? Everyone has their preferences I personally wouldn't have one about me unless someone give me one then I would sell it. Poor trigger don't like the grip angle in fact there is nothing I can think of that I like about the Glock. PS As long as you like it enjoy.

Last edited by manta; 08-28-2013 at 08:59 PM.

Old 08-28-2013, 08:05 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3726 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

I'm not gonna rain on your parade, but I agree with Manta. It just doesn't fit my hand right.

But I'm glad you enjoy it and have already put a fair amount of rounds through it. Treat it right and it'll treat you right. Congrats.

Always have clean socks.

Old 08-28-2013, 08:13 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3861 Times on 2305 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

I use to own a Glock 17 back in the day (89 or 90). It was ok, but I sold it. I like their knives though. I always carry a few. They are cheap, good for dirty jobs and easily thrown away. Like all their products. Here is the old carry holster I got from Austria, and one of their knives that I own. The knives cost around 20 euros!

022.jpg   023.jpg   013.jpg  

Old 08-29-2013, 03:09 AM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I share your enthusiasm with the new glock purchase. I just got my first one today and love it. I got the 30s. For me the best part is its pretty compatible with most of my holsters for my xd9 subcompact. And its lighter. I just put 450 rounds down range with it and had a few hiccups though. I had one fail to feed/jam with winchester ranger +p le hollow points, and a fail to eject on a Remington golden saber. When the Remington went off it felt weak and weird so I'm guessing it was just a dud which is why it didn't cycle. No issues at all with PMC hardball though.

Old 08-29-2013, 06:41 AM   #6

Liked 281 Times on 202 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I bought a 21 for a carry weapon a few months ago. This is my second glock and ive never had any problems out of them at all except when I used a Korean made magazine out of my glock 17. They are fairly inexpensive and accurate. The only thing ive done with either of them is paint the front sight with green nail polish. Good luck with your purchase.

Old 08-29-2013, 12:13 PM   #7

Liked 380 Times on 247 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Whatever floats your boat. Try not to OD on the Kool-Aid.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:40 PM   #8

Liked 414 Times on 258 Posts
Likes Given: 1195

i was very hesitant when i bought my first glock but have not regreted yet,it actually became my primary cc pistol.

No Bells.No Whistles.Just perfection.

Old 08-29-2013, 09:30 PM   #9
The only democracy and friend in the region
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Liked 1748 Times on 971 Posts
Likes Given: 5303

Congratulations on your new purchase. 10mm should be fun.
I'll stay on the 'Don't like the trigger and grip" side. Glad it fits your hand well.

Email your representatives USE THIS LINK

KG7IL

Old 08-29-2013, 11:29 PM   #10

Liked 325 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 517

Congrats. I, too, had been a firearm owner for decades before purchasing a Glock. When I was working in corrections the Glock 21SF was my last duty gun. Was so impressed with it I bought one of my own shortly after retirement. Has been my primary carry gun since.