Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Glock Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/)
-   -   New Glock fanboy (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/new-glock-fanboy-96173/)

blackxpress 08-28-2013 07:18 PM

New Glock fanboy

This past Saturday, after 30 years of handgun ownership, I finally bought my first Glock. A G20 SF gen 3. All I can say is, WOW!!! I bought it at a place that has an indoor range so I was able to shoot it right away. I put 100 rounds through it on Saturday and was just blown away by how good it shoots even compared to my M&P 40 which up to now was my EDC gun. A few days ago I took both of them and had Truglo TFO sights installed on them so, of course, I had to go to the range today and try them out. I put 100 rounds through the M&P first. It was its usual sweet shooting self and I was a little more accurate than usual with the new sights. Then I put it away and pulled out the Glock and man, oh man! It made my M&P 40 seem like a pea shooter. Equally as accurate if not more so. Very comfortable in my somewhat huge hands in spite of the extra recoil. Granted I was shooting PMC target ammo and not full power loads but I don't have any doubt the recoil will be plenty manageable once I get a hold of some of the hot stuff. This is also my first experience with 10mm and I just can't for the life of me understand why the 10mm round is not more popular. It doesn't kick any more than a 357 magnum (actually less than a short barreled 357) and it doesn't kick nearly as hard as a .44 mag. Yes, it's a fairly large gun for a semi-auto but not really any bigger than a full framed .45. I bought a custom made Stoner OWB holster for it and I hardly even notice I'm carrying it. I have also carried it in the Comp-tac IWB holster that goes with my M&P 40. It's a little snug but it does fit and even with my shirt tucked in it isn't too bad to carry all day. The trick to carrying a big gun is to get a good holster for it. Oh well, now I'm rambling but I just can't quit gushing about how much I love my new Glock 20. Can't understand why everybody doesn't buy one.

manta 08-28-2013 07:35 PM

What do you like about it compared with other handguns and what does it do better.? Everyone has their preferences I personally wouldn't have one about me unless someone give me one then I would sell it. Poor trigger don't like the grip angle in fact there is nothing I can think of that I like about the Glock. PS As long as you like it enjoy.

JW357 08-28-2013 08:05 PM

I'm not gonna rain on your parade, but I agree with Manta. It just doesn't fit my hand right.

But I'm glad you enjoy it and have already put a fair amount of rounds through it. Treat it right and it'll treat you right. Congrats.

Jagermeister 08-28-2013 08:13 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I use to own a Glock 17 back in the day (89 or 90). It was ok, but I sold it. I like their knives though. I always carry a few. They are cheap, good for dirty jobs and easily thrown away. Like all their products. Here is the old carry holster I got from Austria, and one of their knives that I own. The knives cost around 20 euros!

Chubbyhawaiian 08-29-2013 03:09 AM

I share your enthusiasm with the new glock purchase. I just got my first one today and love it. I got the 30s. For me the best part is its pretty compatible with most of my holsters for my xd9 subcompact. And its lighter. I just put 450 rounds down range with it and had a few hiccups though. I had one fail to feed/jam with winchester ranger +p le hollow points, and a fail to eject on a Remington golden saber. When the Remington went off it felt weak and weird so I'm guessing it was just a dud which is why it didn't cycle. No issues at all with PMC hardball though.

fupuk 08-29-2013 06:41 AM

I bought a 21 for a carry weapon a few months ago. This is my second glock and ive never had any problems out of them at all except when I used a Korean made magazine out of my glock 17. They are fairly inexpensive and accurate. The only thing ive done with either of them is paint the front sight with green nail polish. Good luck with your purchase.

Donn 08-29-2013 12:13 PM

Whatever floats your boat. Try not to OD on the Kool-Aid.

rifleman1 08-29-2013 12:40 PM

i was very hesitant when i bought my first glock but have not regreted yet,it actually became my primary cc pistol.

KG7IL 08-29-2013 09:30 PM

Congratulations on your new purchase. 10mm should be fun.
I'll stay on the 'Don't like the trigger and grip" side. Glad it fits your hand well.

Warrior1256 08-29-2013 11:29 PM

Congrats. I, too, had been a firearm owner for decades before purchasing a Glock. When I was working in corrections the Glock 21SF was my last duty gun. Was so impressed with it I bought one of my own shortly after retirement. Has been my primary carry gun since.