Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > New to Glock family today. Thanks firelooker

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2011, 12:42 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default New to Glock family today. Thanks firelooker

earlier this week I traded my beloved Ruger LCR in .357

I got a NIB full size PX4 in return. Freaking awesome gun to go along with my PX4 sub compact.

But now all I had were two 9mm. Carrying .357 with confidence all this time I wasn't sure if I could carry 9mm. I asked for ammo help and firelooker had this to say with his first ever post, "Still can't understand why so many people carry 9mm, a 45 doesn't weigh that much more and packs a whole lot more punch. The only thing I can think of is they want the ammo capacity that you get w/ most 9mm's."

Now 4 days after getting my new PX4 it's gone and now I have Glock 32 in .357 Sig I feel so much better!! Thanks firelooker! Now i can carry with confidence again. The Glock 32 feels so natural in my hand. I will give range report soon.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-21-2011, 01:05 AM   #2

Liked 929 Times on 654 Posts
Likes Given: 908

Good luck with your new Glock! How do you like the 357 Sig so far?

I am curious why you didn't go with .40 S&W since it sounds like you wanted a clear jump up in caliber from .355-.357"? Not saying anything against the 357 Sig but it is a fairly expensive round compared to 9mm, 40 S&W and 45ACP. Lots of people love it though and I guess the recoil is somewhere around 9mm +P+.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 05-21-2011, 01:24 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
Good luck with your new Glock! How do you like the 357 Sig so far?

I am curious why you didn't go with .40 S&W since it sounds like you wanted a clear jump up in caliber from .355-.357"?
from firing both the glock 27 and the 32 in the past, I felt that the .40 was to much. Lots of recoil, recoil is subjective, compared to the .357 Sig. A person can get off more consistent crisp shots off with the .357 sig than possible with the .40 And Like its namesake, the .357 Sig was designed to be every bit the punch the .357 was/is. Also, just for fun. I can simply slide in a glock 23 .40 barrel and poof! I now have a Glock .40

Also the .357 Sig has been test to be a flat round up to 100 yards!! Great shooter. Praised by alot of LEO who know

Price is no big worry. Ill buy a box of two for range then buy a box for SD and be done. my trick is a just buy 1 box a payday. I work 2 jobs so I can gather some ammo pretty quick.

Last edited by Beretta; 05-21-2011 at 01:29 AM.

Old 05-21-2011, 02:28 AM   #4

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Congrats on the G-32. I think you will find that its a keeper.