New Glock 36 working great
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > New Glock 36 working great

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2010, 01:31 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Default New Glock 36 working great

Hi gang,

I am new to this forum and am really enjoying it.

Last summer, I bought my first Glock (G-19) and am really amazed at it. The state LEA I retired from use Sigs and I have many of them and love them. However, I can certainly see why Glock products have the following they have.

A couple of months ago, I traded my Sig compact SAS Custom shop 1911 GSR, for a new Glock 36 and $200. I just don't do well with compact 1911s and will stick to my two full size ones, a Colt and a Kimber, when I get the 1911 urge.

Got home with my new G36, and then read all the horror stories about this model. So, I called Glock on the Monday morning after the gun show and talked to a real nice rep. He shared with me that he liked Sigs and 1911s and had a number of them.

I shared my concerns with him about what I have read on the various forums about the G-36 and he asked for my serial number. He then said I should be OK and just enjoy it.

Shot it briefly back in January before we went south for the winter. It seemed very accurate and fed and shot 3 different types of HP ammo as well as FMJ/ball ammo.

Just came home, bought a Pearce mag extension (+1) and installed it last night. Shot about 50 rounds through it today (a combination of JHP and FMJ/Ball ammo) and it was flawless (even with the Pearce extension which in my opinion could lower the stock spring tension a little).

This gun is very mild to shoot and very accurate.

Talked to a local gun shop/indoor range owner today and he agreed with me on my opinion of the G-36. He said they have a 2 year old G-36 that is used as a range gun and they have had zero problems with it.

I guess the only problem I now have is which gun to carry in my car or truck (my main, always in my pocket gun, is a P-32 KelTec-).

I have been using my G-19 for this (I know I did mention my love affair with Sigs and 1911s) but this G-36 is going to be a contender.

This is a great forum and I really appreciate all the info that is posted.

Thanks,

Trooper Joe

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here