Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > New G19!! One in the pipe?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2009, 02:16 AM   #81
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3475 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by feedsasquatch View Post
I leave my Glock loaded and chambered at all times. It's for home-defense. If there's ever a situation that calls for getting a gun, it calls for getting one quick. When you wake up at 4am in the morning, as I did last night, to what sounds like your front door being broken down, you don't want to think "is my gun chambered or not?" "I need to rack the slide." No, you want to grab a gun and go. Plus, if you've experienced BAR yet (Body Alarm Reaction), you'll know that you can get very tense, very shaky, and lose all fine motor skills. The 1/2 second it normally takes to rack a slide could turn into more time, or a jam. I wouldn't risk it. Treat all guns like they are loaded, and go ahead and leave them chambered if they're for self-defense.

Just my two-cents...
A house dog as an early alarm system -

Just MY two cents.....

JD

Old 07-22-2009, 02:20 AM   #82

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
A house dog as an early alarm system -

Just MY two cents.....

JD
No can do in my apartment complex. But when we move, I'll probably start thinking about getting one. My baby girl likes them anyways.

Old 07-22-2009, 02:35 AM   #83

Liked 1414 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bfskinnerpunk View Post
Cane, ... what's so ironic about skinner and glocks? BF
If it needs explaining...........

gperfection.jpg

From Wikipedia,
Skinner conducted pioneering research and created his own school of Radical Behaviorism, which seeks to understand behavior as a function of environmental histories of reinforcing consequences. He is known as the inventor of the operant conditioning chamber (or Skinner box), a research tool used to examine the orderly relations of the behavior of organisms (such as rats, pigeons and humans) to their environment.

internetexplorerwallpaper1.jpg

PS: It's not.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 07-22-2009, 03:06 AM   #84

Quote:
No can do in my apartment complex. But when we move, I'll probably start thinking about getting one. My baby girl likes them anyways.
Well then, you probably need to keep a round in the chamber of;

a safe weapon!!

My German is a 106 pound, 4 paw, eating, sleeping, attention whore who is ALL ABOUT protecting my baby gur and our household.

Recently the most amazing thing happened and made me not regret what I paid for him.

Andrea was home with my dog. They were upstairs together and I had left for work. The dog always stays at the hip of whoever is home. Andrea finished getting ready for work and went to leave the bedroom.

The dog ( Dillinger ) blocked the stairway and his hair was up on his entire back. He was sniffing in the air and he was dead set against her going down those stairs.

He went down to the bottom of the stairs, and Andrea tried to follow, but Dillinger looked back and made it clear that this was HIS job.

He circled the entire bottom floor and then came back and let my girl know that everything was A-OK.

The smell that set him off was part of a piece of toast left in the toaster from my morning snack. The dog realized that this was not normal, so he wanted to check it out....

Yeah, I would say a dog is a VITAL part of home defense....

JD

Old 07-22-2009, 03:13 AM   #85

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Yes Dillinger, I know you hate Glocks. But it goes bang every time I pull the trigger, no exceptions, ever, not once.

A German Shepherd is actually what I've been thinking about getting...

Old 07-22-2009, 03:45 AM   #86

Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

Wow, Dillinger! I love hearing stories like that. My dog would definitely (does, actually) make a load of noise if something was out of the ordinary. But he would sooner go to that something different for some extra attention. His thoughts aren't around protecting us.

Some breeds can be trusted even when our lives depend on them. Just not mine.

Thanks for that great reminder of the importance of a great dog.

Old 07-22-2009, 01:33 PM   #87

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I b
always have one in the pipe in my 45, and since I am still waiting to recieve my CHL,My wife asked me why I always carry it to the car even when going down the street, and I told her, I might not have to ever use it, but if I need it, it is there to be used. It does no good at all to have it and to not be able to use a weapon because you did not think you would need it, that will probably be when you need it the most. As for not having one in the pipe, why would you carry without being fully prepared to use it, might as well not have it. I believe that for the most part, you will not see confrontations coming, they happen in seconds and in those seconds, a lot can happen, I just choose to even the odds a little.

Layton

Old 07-22-2009, 03:08 PM   #88

Quote:
Yes Dillinger, I know you hate Glocks. But it goes bang every time I pull the trigger, no exceptions, ever, not once.

A German Shepherd is actually what I've been thinking about getting...
It's true, I am not a fan of the pistol - but I give it it's do. It does what it is designed to do and it will treat you right. It's simple design allows it to function wet/dry/dirty/clean and it's easy to take care of since there are few moving parts.

Having said that, I still don't like them.

My GS is one great dog. Even when he misbehaves I can't stay mad at him for more than half an hour since he has so much damn personality. One thing I know, if someone comes to my place for an easy target they are going to have hell to pay. That dog is completely fearless - and with his strength he could probably seperate your arm from your body.

JD

Old 07-22-2009, 08:49 PM   #89

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
It's true, I am not a fan of the pistol - but I give it it's do. It does what it is designed to do and it will treat you right. It's simple design allows it to function wet/dry/dirty/clean and it's easy to take care of since there are few moving parts.

Having said that, I still don't like them.

JD
Well, it may please you to hear that I am strongly considering getting a Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II as my primary concealed carry gun...

Old 07-23-2009, 12:44 AM   #90

Quote:
Well, it may please you to hear that I am strongly considering getting a Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II as my primary concealed carry gun...
That would indeed make me happy(er).

You can have all the Glocks you want.

Guys like Canebreak, Tango, Ineffable, matt g, Sgt-Miller and myself will take all the 1911's.

JD