New G19 Awesome! - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > New G19 Awesome!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2010, 03:20 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

While I have a bunch of choices, I probably carry my PPK (or PPK/S) 95% of the time. I use a Galco IWB and I have a Desantis Speed Scabbard on the way...

Old 03-30-2010, 04:53 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackg View Post
Your referral to your Walther is ironic because I also have a Walther PPK/S in .380acp and the DeSantis IWB w/clip. It can also be worn OWB because it has a belt loop on the side opposite the clip. Is this the same holster as yours? Also, when did you buy the PPK/S and how do you like it?
Jack
Jack,
My holster is not like yours it seems. Mine has two loops with snaps that go around the belt. It does not have a clip and I can't see how to attach one.It appears to be strictly a IWB design.. I got the gun with the holster about 2 years ago from the widow of a friend who passed away. I like the gun a lot, it fits my hand well and it works without a flaw. One exception I have to it is it's weight for being a rather small gun. It's easy to conceal and great for warm weather climates!
walther-ppk-holstered.jpg  

Old 03-30-2010, 06:41 PM   #23

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillW View Post
Jack,
My holster is not like yours it seems. Mine has two loops with snaps that go around the belt. It does not have a clip and I can't see how to attach one.It appears to be strictly a IWB design.. I got the gun with the holster about 2 years ago from the widow of a friend who passed away. I like the gun a lot, it fits my hand well and it works without a flaw. One exception I have to it is it's weight for being a rather small gun. It's easy to conceal and great for warm weather climates!
Bill,
The picture says it all, no, yours is a much improved design than mine because the size helps distribute the weight over a larger area. That's a really nice set-up you have there, and, you're right about the weight of the PPK/S. It really doesn't want to stay in position, I think something called gravity is killin' us in reference to this gun.
I just did a little investigating and your holster is made by Desantis and it's called the "Cozy Partner". Mine is right next to yours on their web site and it's called "Dual Carry".
Jack

Life Member: MOPH
Life Member: USMC
Life Member: DAV
Life Member: VVA
Member: NRA
COTEP MEMBER #CBOB0391
DW VBOB
KIMBER ULTRA CDP
KIMBER PRO CRIMSON CARRY
GLOCK 19
S&W 686 SSR
S&W M&P SHIELD

Last edited by jackg; 03-30-2010 at 06:52 PM.

Old 03-30-2010, 07:45 PM   #24

Quote:
Bill,
The picture says it all, no, yours is a much improved design than mine because the size helps distribute the weight over a larger area. That's a really nice set-up you have there, and, you're right about the weight of the PPK/S. It really doesn't want to stay in position, I think something called gravity is killin' us in reference to this gun.
I just did a little investigating and your holster is made by Desantis and it's called the "Cozy Partner". Mine is right next to yours on their web site and it's called "Dual Carry".
Jack
Jack,
You are correct on the "Cozy Partner" name although I didn't know what it was called. In early May I'm going to the Gun Show in Ft. Myers Florida and will be looking for a couple more holsters for the PPK/S. One for OWB with a clip, and another IWB that can more readily be moved around. There are so many to choose from it can get confusing if you can't put your hands on the product.So much depends on my activities and how I dress for the day.

Best Regards,
Bill

Old 03-30-2010, 09:10 PM   #25

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Bill,
I agree, finding the proper holster is more difficult, in my opinion, than deciding on a handgun.
One thin I have decided on for certain, I only want IWB holsters from now on. I've seen some out there called "Tuckable" but I don't see that as a "must" for me.
I have to say it's taking all my will power to stop from going back and ordering a "Cozy Partner" for myself.
Jack

COTEP MEMBER #CBOB0391
DW VBOB
KIMBER ULTRA CDP
KIMBER PRO CRIMSON CARRY
GLOCK 19
S&W 686 SSR
S&W M&P SHIELD

Old 03-30-2010, 09:34 PM   #26

Quote:
Bill,
I agree, finding the proper holster is more difficult, in my opinion, than deciding on a handgun.
One thin I have decided on for certain, I only want IWB holsters from now on. I've seen some out there called "Tuckable" but I don't see that as a "must" for me.
I have to say it's taking all my will power to stop from going back and ordering a "Cozy Partner" for myself.
Jack
Jack,
Check out some of the IWB w/Clip offered here.

Gun Leather, Concealment and Cowboy holsters, Azle, TX.

Nice stuff and adjustable.. I might go for one of these myself.. I wouldn't buy the Cozy if I didn't have it (mine came with the gun) because I think the clip is a better, firmer hold unless you have a properly matched belt. You can slide the clip over the pants as well as the belt or just the belt.. I have a little Ruger LCP and the clip holster I use with that works great anywhere around my waist, including 6 O'clock.

BTW-Where are you from?? I'm in SW Florida, Ft. Myers beach!

Bill

Old 03-31-2010, 07:07 PM   #27

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillW View Post
Jack,
Check out some of the IWB w/Clip offered here.

Gun Leather, Concealment and Cowboy holsters, Azle, TX.

Nice stuff and adjustable.. I might go for one of these myself.. I wouldn't buy the Cozy if I didn't have it (mine came with the gun) because I think the clip is a better, firmer hold unless you have a properly matched belt. You can slide the clip over the pants as well as the belt or just the belt.. I have a little Ruger LCP and the clip holster I use with that works great anywhere around my waist, including 6 O'clock.

BTW-Where are you from?? I'm in SW Florida, Ft. Myers beach!

Bill
Bill,
I checked out his web site and was attracted to the "Dual Carry" model because of it's versatility. Options are OWB and/or IWB, clips and/or loops.
A friend of mine has a condo in Ft. Meyers Beach but I haven't been there in a few years.I don't recall the route number of the road he's on but it's the main drag that begins as you cross the bridge and it seems to me that the road is stop & go traffic until you cross back over a bridge again. His condo is located in about the middle of that strip and is on the Gulf/West side.
I live in South East Michigan, Washington Township, 28 Mile Road & Mound Road, are you familiar with the area. My wife and I were born and raised in Lansing, and we went through the Catholic School system there. I'm retired and would like to be where you are but the Wife and the grand kids are inseparable at this point.
Jack

COTEP MEMBER #CBOB0391
DW VBOB
KIMBER ULTRA CDP
KIMBER PRO CRIMSON CARRY
GLOCK 19
S&W 686 SSR
S&W M&P SHIELD

Old 03-31-2010, 07:35 PM   #28

Quote:
Bill,
I checked out his web site and was attracted to the "Dual Carry" model because of it's versatility. Options are OWB and/or IWB, clips and/or loops.
A friend of mine has a condo in Ft. Meyers Beach but I haven't been there in a few years.I don't recall the route number of the road he's on but it's the main drag that begins as you cross the bridge and it seems to me that the road is stop & go traffic until you cross back over a bridge again. His condo is located in about the middle of that strip and is on the Gulf/West side.
I live in , are you familiar with the area. My wife and I were born and raised in Lansing, and we went through the Catholic School system there. I'm retired and would like to be where you are but the Wife and the grand kids are inseparable at this point.
Jack
Small world we live in . You drove right past my street..My home on Ft Myers Beach is just off the main road you get onto after crossing over the bridge. Estero Blvd. it's called . On the gulf side of the street is almost all condo's with a few beach homes scattered amongst them. I'm 2/3 of the way to the southern tip of the island. it's much quieter there. The traffic during the winter is horrendous. I spend the summer half of the year in New Jersey as that is where I'm originally from and my Daughter and grand kids are there. I told my Daughter when she complains that I'm too far away I tell her it's only 2.5 hours by plane.
I've never stepped foot in Michigan sorry to say

Old 04-04-2010, 06:55 PM   #29

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Congrats! I love my G19.