New G19 Awesome! - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > New G19 Awesome!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2010, 11:18 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

I've shot a ton of WWB, nothing wrong with it at all. The only thing I've ever seen written about WWB is that many .380s have trouble with the flat nose of their FMJ ammo - and I've experienced this first hand in Sigs, Walthers, Bersas, and other .380 pistols...

Old 03-05-2010, 08:47 AM   #12

never had any issues with WWB either.

Congrats on the G19, was my first handgun as still my favorite.

Old 03-05-2010, 01:57 PM   #13

Here is a a reply to a request for info for a Lone wolf Glock barrel conversion. 3rd reply down talks about WWB.

Lone Wolf Glock 23 40 cal. to 9mm conversion barrel and appropriate mags

If you do a search about WWB reliability
you will find other posts from forums talking about it.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1184683

Last edited by group17; 03-05-2010 at 02:07 PM.

Old 03-05-2010, 04:26 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaton View Post
never had any issues with WWB either.

Congrats on the G19, was my first handgun as still my favorite.
Thanks! I dont know mine didnt like the Winchester rounds for some reason I just finished shooting 100rds of Federal today without a problem I thought maybe I limp wristed @ first but I think I might be able to rule out operator error on this one. I'm hooked and already thinking of another Glock purchase sometime in the future not sure which model though choices, choices.

Old 03-06-2010, 06:26 AM   #15

I actually just purchased a 19 myself. It's my third Glock, after a 27 and a 22. Love this little pistol! I've had great luck with Glocks all my adult life and always seemed to just naturally shoot them well. Plus it's small and light enough that even I, at 5' 8" and 175...OK OK...180 pounds...can easily conceal inside the waistband and carry it all day without hardly knowing it's there, yet it retains a high capacity.

Glad to hear there are so many others so happy. IT's a fun club to be a member of.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Josh

http://www.joshuasilverman.com

Old 03-28-2010, 06:00 PM   #16

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by carloglock19 View Post
Hello,
After 300 rounds (3 times @ range) I have to say WOW! This gun is a pleasure to shoot, simple to break down and clean. I used Magtech for the 1st 200 rds and then Winchester for the last 100 rds I only had 1 problem thus far I had a round (Winchester) chamber but not fire I pulled the trigger and nothing so I ejected that round and the rest fired without a hitch would you say this was a bad round I put it off to the side and loaded it in the next magazine and it fired I cleaned the gun after each range session per the manufacturers instuctions, maybe it was operator error. What would you guys recommend for some good indoor range target shooting ammo? Thanks for your advice and expertise in advance.
First of all, I never fire reloads, never! My primary target ammo for .380, 9mm & .45 is WWB. In my area they are readily available at WalMart and a few other spots. But remember that price and availability usually determine what you buy unless you're a seriously competitive shooter The only factory ammo I would never use is "WOLF", it's made in Russia and it's nasty stuff, really dirty, don't use it. The steel casing will eventually destroy your gun's ejector.
Jack

Life Member: MOPH
Life Member: USMC
Life Member: DAV
Life Member: VVA
Member: NRA
COTEP MEMBER #CBOB0391
DW VBOB
KIMBER ULTRA CDP
KIMBER PRO CRIMSON CARRY
GLOCK 19
S&W 686 SSR
S&W M&P SHIELD

Last edited by jackg; 03-28-2010 at 06:03 PM.

Old 03-28-2010, 08:03 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshX3Magazine View Post
I actually just purchased a 19 myself. It's my third Glock, after a 27 and a 22. Love this little pistol! I've had great luck with Glocks all my adult life and always seemed to just naturally shoot them well. Plus it's small and light enough that even I, at 5' 8" and 175...OK OK...180 pounds...can easily conceal inside the waistband and carry it all day without hardly knowing it's there, yet it retains a high capacity.

Glad to hear there are so many others so happy. IT's a fun club to be a member of.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Josh
Josh,
You and I are the same size although I'm not real sure I'm still at 175 either.. LOL
We carry the same weapon as well. What kind of holster do you use and at what position do you wear it. I'm having an issue with printing when I wear it at 4 o'clock and that 's the preferable position for me but I have to move the gun back to nearly 5 and then my draw is somewhat compromised.. I need to wear carefully chosen shirts or I'm very self conscious and VERY careful how i move..

Bill

Old 03-29-2010, 08:59 PM   #18

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillW View Post
Josh,
You and I are the same size although I'm not real sure I'm still at 175 either.. LOL
We carry the same weapon as well. What kind of holster do you use and at what position do you wear it. I'm having an issue with printing when I wear it at 4 o'clock and that 's the preferable position for me but I have to move the gun back to nearly 5 and then my draw is somewhat compromised.. I need to wear carefully chosen shirts or I'm very self conscious and VERY careful how i move..

Bill

Bill,
Please excuse my interruption of your discussion with Josh about a holster for a Glock 19.
I have one too and finding a holster has been torture for me but I believe I found the solution. By the way I'm similiar in size to you guys at 5'9" & 160lbs.
Anyway it's the Galco Trident Kydex IWB. I ordered it on line on a Monday and had it on Friday. It really holds my gun tight to my body at about 4: Oclock.
Jack

COTEP MEMBER #CBOB0391
DW VBOB
KIMBER ULTRA CDP
KIMBER PRO CRIMSON CARRY
GLOCK 19
S&W 686 SSR
S&W M&P SHIELD

Old 03-29-2010, 09:20 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackg View Post
Bill,
Please excuse my interruption of your discussion with Josh about a holster for a Glock 19.
I have one too and finding a holster has been torture for me but I believe I found the solution. By the way I'm similiar in size to you guys at 5'9" & 160lbs.
Anyway it's the Galco Trident Kydex IWB. I ordered it on line on a Monday and had it on Friday. It really holds my gun tight to my body at about 4: Oclock.
Jack
Not an interruption at all. I welcome the feedback. I'll look into the holster you bought. This morning, while getting ready to go out, dressed in shorts and a "T". I picked a shirt that was a little bit smaller than usual (or else I got fatter overnight) and I saw that I couldn't wear my Glock at all with the IWB I have. It just as well could have been in a OWB. I instead went to my Walther PPK/S . For that gun I use a DeSantis IWB.. My preference is to use an IWB with belt clip versus belt loops.

Last edited by BillW; 03-29-2010 at 09:28 PM.

Old 03-30-2010, 03:14 PM   #20

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillW View Post
Not an interruption at all. I welcome the feedback. I'll look into the holster you bought. This morning, while getting ready to go out, dressed in shorts and a "T". I picked a shirt that was a little bit smaller than usual (or else I got fatter overnight) and I saw that I couldn't wear my Glock at all with the IWB I have. It just as well could have been in a OWB. I instead went to my Walther PPK/S . For that gun I use a DeSantis IWB.. My preference is to use an IWB with belt clip versus belt loops.
Your referral to your Walther is ironic because I also have a Walther PPK/S in .380acp and the DeSantis IWB w/clip. It can also be worn OWB because it has a belt loop on the side opposite the clip. Is this the same holster as yours? Also, when did you buy the PPK/S and how do you like it?
Jack

COTEP MEMBER #CBOB0391
DW VBOB
KIMBER ULTRA CDP
KIMBER PRO CRIMSON CARRY
GLOCK 19
S&W 686 SSR