New 30 sf
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > New 30 sf

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2012, 03:37 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Default New 30 sf

I got a call today from my ffl dealer letting me know my pistol was in. I traded off 2 of my older Glocks for a new 30 sf. This is the first 45 acp that I have owned. I got to shoot a 100 rds of 230 gr fmj through it, and I liked it. I think this may be the smoothest glock I have shot. The gun fit my hand perfectly. The only thing that bothered me was the ear ringing blast. It seems louder than my g22 or g26. Of course
as with all my glocks it seems to print high, I will order a new rear glock sight and have that fixed soon. I didnt notice the recoil like I do with my 26 or my brothers 27.
The 26 and 27 get a little snappy with +p ammo. This thing was smooth. I also see why people call it a brick. Damn thing is thick. I carried it around in my back pocket for a while and none of the guys noticed. Tomarrow I will set up some targets and get it broke in right. I dry fired it 200 times at the gun shop before I fired live ammo in it. Its something I have done with all my glocks.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-07-2012, 03:48 AM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Congratulations on a great purchase! I'm not much of a Glock guy, but I have always wanted to try out the Glock 21 or Glock 30, because I've heard a lot of great things about them. I guess I'm too much of a Springfield XD(m) and 1911 kind of guy to purchase one, but I would love to try one.

"It's a gun you loaded on Sunday, and shot all week."
-Confederate Soldier

"If God didn't create man equal then Sam Colt had made them equal."
-Unknown

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
-Wyatt Earp

Old 01-07-2012, 02:18 PM   #3

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Congrats on the gun, I shot that gun also and the recoil is very smooth compared to other calibers, I know my old Gen3 22 had more snap and recoil than the .45, have fun with that new gun, Im looking to get me a new Gen4 27 here soon to go with my Gen4 23 LOL, can never have to many Glocks ..

Old 01-07-2012, 06:15 PM   #4

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firearms4ever View Post
Congratulations on a great purchase! I'm not much of a Glock guy, but I have always wanted to try out the Glock 21 or Glock 30, because I've heard a lot of great things about them. I guess I'm too much of a Springfield XD(m) and 1911 kind of guy to purchase one, but I would love to try one.
I am the opposite, i am a glock guy but have heard some great things about the xdm's thinking about the xdm 3.8 .45acp; what you think?

Old 01-08-2012, 02:34 AM   #5

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Well I have 100rds of umc and 250rds of rem. through it now and I like it. It is smooh and accurate. I will say that getting that 10th rd in the mag is tuff and stuffing it in the gun takes a little extra push. It also is a little stiff racking the first rd. In on a full mag, but I think that will ease up after the mags get broke in. This is now my favorite glock.
I never owned a 45 because it is an old cartridge and I had my .40's, now I see what all the fuss was about. Now I just need to kill a hog with it and my .40sw could be in trouble.

Old 01-11-2012, 02:04 AM   #6

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Just got my StormLake ported bbl ! Didn't shoot her yet but the fit and function of chambering live rounds of all kinds is flawless. And not a mark on the brass at all from the feed ramp that is polished and properly radiused to turn the corner into the chamber. What a perfect fit !! Storm Lake rocks !