Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > new 19

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2010, 06:17 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default new 19

hi i'm new here. picking up my 19 in a few days, cant wait. i've heard all good things about glock.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-19-2010, 11:09 PM   #2

Congrats! You are going to love the 19! I EDC mine and shoot as much as I can never lets me down shoots everytime, easy to field strip, clean, conceal and ammo is not that expensive. Glocks get addicting though I'm waiting on my 23 now. Are you going to CC? I use Gold Dot 124 +P JHP for SD they shoot great. Once again congrats!

Old 05-19-2010, 11:18 PM   #3

Default new 19

carloglock, thank you, yes i am goin to cc maybe a shoulder holster? i could use advice on that tho. i am short and.......fat....[who said that] lol what holsters have you tried ? 1stglock

Old 05-20-2010, 07:00 AM   #4

Default Also new g19 owner.

I love the way the fun feels and the size is just right for my hand. Love the gun so far, but only put 15 bullets though since yesterday. Keep us informed on how you like your new gun....congrats

Old 05-20-2010, 04:08 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stglock View Post
carloglock, thank you, yes i am goin to cc maybe a shoulder holster? i could use advice on that tho. i am short and.......fat....[who said that] lol what holsters have you tried ? 1stglock
I'm short and stocky as I like to call it as well! LOL I have 3 holsters right now (1) Galco IWB, (2) Blackhawk nylon IWB and (3) CQB carbon SERPA for range time OC. I was really suprised that my $12 Blackhawk worked for me the best but I havent tried that many and i'm sure I will be checking out some better rigs in the future. Never used a shoulder holster though! I havent had a problem with printing as I thought I would my family doesnt even notice when I CC.

Old 06-05-2010, 02:42 AM   #6

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stglock
I'm short and stocky as I like to call it as well! LOL I have 3 holsters right now (1) Galco IWB, (2) Blackhawk nylon IWB and (3) CQB carbon SERPA for range time OC. I was really suprised that my $12 Blackhawk worked for me the best but I havent tried that many and i'm sure I will be checking out some better rigs in the future. Never used a shoulder holster though! I havent had a problem with printing as I thought I would my family doesnt even notice when I CC.
My vote is the crossbreed supertuck holster for my G19.

Old 06-05-2010, 02:57 AM   #7

Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

I've got to repeat the suggestion of Crossbreed Supertuck. My 19 feels great on those days I want a little larger protection than my pocket 9 (which I carry in a CB Minituck, BTW).

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face

Old 06-05-2010, 04:28 AM   #8

Congratz on the new Glock 19!

About holsters... in my opinion you should avoid nylon. Nylon has a tendency to retain moisture, sweat, that kind of stuff.

Just my two cents

Enjoy your G19!

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight." -Psalms 144:1

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. - Romans 10:9

Last edited by JoeParker; 06-05-2010 at 05:21 AM.

Old 06-06-2010, 10:34 PM   #9

Default new 19

thank you all, my new 19 is great, i'm waiting on my supertuck, and a ......................12.00 yes 12.00 bainchi shoulder holster from e-bay. they should be here monday....... ist glock

Old 07-06-2010, 07:45 PM   #10

Likes Given: 1

Welcome to the Glock 19 fan club. I have been carrying one for a long time....my favorite holster is the RM Low Rider IWB from Rocketman holsters. I hate shoulder holsters, but the RM rides nice and tight and is not that bad for all day wear either. Everyone I know who has one swears by them. They are minimal material against the body and yet offer great retention and concealment.

I got rid of my Rosen's and Sparks' IWB's in favor of the RM. For OWB, I go witha Kramer belt scabbard. Top shelf product. Don't forget to get a good gun belt; not some cheap wally world model; it makes a world of difference in comfort and concealing the pistol. Safe shooting!

Newest Threads