Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Nephews first trip to the range!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2012, 11:20 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 396 Times on 219 Posts

Default Nephews first trip to the range!!!

Well I took my brother the shoot his guns while he was in town. He had two of nephews with him that had never shot any gun other than a nerf gun. So we did some shooting and I took a 22 rifle for them to shoot but they wanted to shoot a pistol first. Well my 10 year old asked if he souls shoot one of the pistols if we had one that wouldn't kick to bad! So all I had was one of my springfield 1911 in 45 so my brother and my old gen 1 glock 32C in 40 Calais. I went over safe gun handling and let him hold the gun empty and dry fire a few times. I really stressed safety and that he doesn't put his finger In the trigger guard until he's on target he did really well. I told him the glock had a lot of recoil for for him he didn't care he wanted to shoot it so I put a few rounds through it with him right next to me and had him watch the gun and my trigger finger. Well my brother said I could let him shoot a few rounds so I loaded 1 round at a time and let him shoot a few rounds. It was fun he was really ready to learn. I did not set up targets for him I just let him shoot the back stop that way safety was our main concern not bullseye. Later he wanted to shoot my 22 rifle also he dis well with it even though its a little long in the stock for him. He called me when he got home and thanked me for letting him shoot and teaching him how to be safe with a firearm. What a great day!!

image-4129521901.jpg
First 40 round
image-1882370127.jpg
He liked it.
image-295658107.jpg
22 action
image-2259510458.jpg
22 action.

play the victim, be the victim

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-13-2012, 12:07 PM   #2

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Nice to see ya getting them started young, thats how it was with me I started shooting at a very young age and have been doing so for years now LOL... looks like lots of fun for you and the kids...

Old 02-13-2012, 03:07 PM   #3

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Now that's a good day at the range. It does not get any better than that, except when you get to take the kids hunting.

Old 02-13-2012, 06:31 PM   #4

Liked 396 Times on 219 Posts

Yeah he loves to fish anytime I go. And he asked me yesterday if I would take him hunting for squirrels or a deer soon. I'm not a big hunter but for him I may just have to go.

Old 02-13-2012, 07:12 PM   #5

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffin81 View Post
Yeah he loves to fish anytime I go. And he asked me yesterday if I would take him hunting for squirrels or a deer soon. I'm not a big hunter but for him I may just have to go.

My kid got me into hunting after shooting only for years. It was well worth it and we had/have a lot of fun with it.

Old 02-13-2012, 07:25 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 13 Times on 9 Posts

Great story. Thanks for sharing it.