Need opinions on updates - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Need opinions on updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2009, 06:07 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

My choice would be a good flashlight, then night sights, and last would be a laser system.

You don't necessarily need a handgun mounted light, and there are some schools of thought that say if you are only going to have one light that you don't want it to be weapon mounted. This is because you don't want to point a gun at everything that you might need to illuminate. Weapon-mounted lights (WML) also makes it hard to use intermittent and indirect lighting techniques while searching.

My suggestion would be to get a good hand held flashlight first, then tritium nights sights, then a WML, and then a laser if you want one. Of course a combo WML & laser such as the Streamlight TLR-2 would be an option as well.

I don't make jokes, I just watch the government and report the facts. -Will Rogers

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. -Winston Churchill

Old 05-07-2009, 02:24 PM   #12

When I took my CCW class and shot with a flashlight, I found myself trying to adjust the light to the target and then you only have one hand on the gun. So I decided to buy a tactical light and after reading reviews and comments, I bought the Insight XTI Procyon. The 3 reasons that I bought this one is that it has 125 lumens, strobe effect and reasonable price, $136 shipped. I plan on keeping the light mounted on my G19 in my pistol case for home defense, but will take off if I conceal carry. Next I will get Trijicon night sights installed and since I'm done with target practice for now, have loaded one magazine with hollow points. I couldn't talk my Wife into the CCW class but she did say that she would like to learn how to shoot it so we will be going to the range soon to teach her how to handle it and fire it.

Old 05-17-2009, 04:06 AM   #13

I got my Insight XTI Procyon and installed it on the Glock per instructions. My only problem is that is very hard to take off. I have one hell of a time puling down on the 2 levers, (one on each side) to release the light. The light slides on the rail just fine, but its like the spring has too much tension on it to be able to release the locking bar under the barrel. Has anybody else had this problem? Other than that,I really like the light!