Need help with a g21sf FTF
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Need help with a g21sf FTF

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2010, 10:50 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Miami,FL
Posts: 3
Default Need help with a g21sf FTF

Hi
This is my first post, its great to be here, and thanks in advance!
Have a recently purchased NIB Glock 21sf. The first few times I took it out to the range I was catching brass with my forehead about every other shot. I'm pretty sure I was not limpwristing as I own a 19 and have shot many rounds through a friends 19 and full size 21, and have yet to experience this.
So, I got a new ejector from midway. I installed it at the range today, and it seems to have cured the problem. But... now I am experiencing light primer strikes. Lots, like 1 or 2 per mag!
I dont know if anyone has had an experience with this, and Ive been searching around and havent found much. The small dimple is in the center of the primer, so it is not striking out of battery, and this happened with 3 different types of ammo.
Any help with this is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

__________________
glockyerblockoff is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 08-15-2010, 11:16 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Jpyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sewell,NJ
Posts: 4,818
Liked 763 Times on 442 Posts
Likes Given: 461

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockyerblockoff View Post
Hi
This is my first post, its great to be here, and thanks in advance!
Have a recently purchased NIB Glock 21sf. The first few times I took it out to the range I was catching brass with my forehead about every other shot. I'm pretty sure I was not limpwristing as I own a 19 and have shot many rounds through a friends 19 and full size 21, and have yet to experience this.
So, I got a new ejector from midway. I installed it at the range today, and it seems to have cured the problem. But... now I am experiencing light primer strikes. Lots, like 1 or 2 per mag!
I dont know if anyone has had an experience with this, and Ive been searching around and havent found much. The small dimple is in the center of the primer, so it is not striking out of battery, and this happened with 3 different types of ammo.
Any help with this is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
First off, you should never have tried to fix anything on a NIB gun that is malfunctioning, that's what the factory warranty is for. In my opinion I would send it back to Glock and let them figure it out, something does not seem right here and the new ejector may have solved one problem but caused another.
__________________

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Jpyle is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 11:45 PM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Miami,FL
Posts: 3
Default

Thats good advice,thanks.
I was just hoping it could be resolved without having to send it back. Im useually pretty handy with these sort of things.

__________________
glockyerblockoff is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 11:59 PM   #4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Jpyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sewell,NJ
Posts: 4,818
Liked 763 Times on 442 Posts
Likes Given: 461

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockyerblockoff View Post
Thats good advice,thanks.
I was just hoping it could be resolved without having to send it back. Im useually pretty handy with these sort of things.
I know, I feel the same way but sometimes you need to swallow your pride and let the experts do their thing. No reason to accept a gun from a reputable maker in that condition especially something you may be considering as an everyday carry, you want it to be 100% reliable.

Good luck...post up on the resolution since many here are Glock owners and customer service is a big deal.

Welcome to the forum BTW...if interested hop over to the intro section and tell everyone a little about yourself, that often helps to get more attention to your posts.
__________________

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington


Last edited by Jpyle; 08-16-2010 at 12:02 AM.
Jpyle is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 12:15 AM   #5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JSDinTexas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 51
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockyerblockoff View Post
Hi
This is my first post, its great to be here, and thanks in advance!
Have a recently purchased NIB Glock 21sf. The first few times I took it out to the range I was catching brass with my forehead about every other shot. I'm pretty sure I was not limpwristing as I own a 19 and have shot many rounds through a friends 19 and full size 21, and have yet to experience this.
So, I got a new ejector from midway. I installed it at the range today, and it seems to have cured the problem. But... now I am experiencing light primer strikes. Lots, like 1 or 2 per mag!
I dont know if anyone has had an experience with this, and Ive been searching around and havent found much. The small dimple is in the center of the primer, so it is not striking out of battery, and this happened with 3 different types of ammo.
Any help with this is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Got a few and never had anything but out the side, some high arc and some lower arc depending upon model - think sending it back to Glock or maybe taking it to where you bought it is good advice - wouldn't use after-market parts - also takes a while until it's broken in (200 rds at least) but flying in your face sounds bad.

Welcome to the site.
__________________
JSDinTexas is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 01:04 PM   #6
ET1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Savannah,Georgia
Posts: 138
Default

When I shoot my 21sf or my TCP the spent shells discharge to the side. When my wife shoots my 21sf or my TCP the shells come back and hit her in the face and forehead. I don't know why, I just know that it happens. If she had purchased either gun for herself and experienced that problem she probably would have sent them in to the manufacturer to get fixed. Is it a defect? I don't know. Can they fix it? I don't know.

__________________
ET1 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 01:11 PM   #7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,152
Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET1 View Post
When I shoot my 21sf or my TCP the spent shells discharge to the side. When my wife shoots my 21sf or my TCP the shells come back and hit her in the face and forehead. I don't know why, I just know that it happens. If she had purchased either gun for herself and experienced that problem she probably would have sent them in to the manufacturer to get fixed. Is it a defect? I don't know. Can they fix it? I don't know.
If it's the same gun we're talking about - it's not a mechanical issue. I suspect it's a grip thing as no semi works properly unless it's held firmly and allowed to operate as it should...
__________________
NGIB is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 09:23 PM   #8
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Miami,FL
Posts: 3
Default

Well, took it to the range again today with the new ejector/trigger housing in. Detail stripped and cleaned everything beforehand.
20 corbon, 50 federal, and about 200 reloads later, not a single ftf or case to the face. Go figure huh?
The only thing I can think is that the trigger housing needed a break-in period, or maybe there was a burr on it or in the striker channel.
Its a mystery, and hopefully remains one.
Thanks for all of the posts.

BTW I loaded some old 185gr Sierra jacketed swc's, but they werent punching neat holes in the target. It was more like massive, torn holes. Anyone ever experience anything like this? They were medium power loads. Im wondering if they were tumbling, or just really slow. The Corbons and feds punched nice, neat little holes.

__________________
glockyerblockoff is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes