need help

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > need help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2010, 02:12 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default need help

I just got a glock 36. I am used to 1911's. my question is can I shoot a cast bullet in a 36?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-28-2010, 04:15 PM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I would recommend full jacketed or copper washed bullets. The rifling Glocks uses is not intended for lead use.

God, Family, Guns, in that order.

Old 12-28-2010, 04:21 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9509 Times on 4092 Posts
Likes Given: 1493

Do not know if your owner's manual addresses this (Uh- you DID read the manual, right?) However, from the topglock website-
Can I shoot lead bullets in my Glock?
Glock barrels use special polygonal rifling not found in most handguns. This rifling is one of the main reasons Glocks are extremely accurate guns. However, the same rifling can cause a high degree of leading when not using jacketed bullets. In other words some lead from the bullet sticks to the inside of the barrel when it is fired. Too much leading can quickly lead to high pressures which can cause the barrel and/or gun to break or even explode. If you choose to shoot lead in your Glock please get an after market barrel.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 12-28-2010, 05:12 PM   #4

Default thanks

thank you for the information, got the 36 but nothing else, I will get one online

Old 12-30-2010, 01:49 PM   #5

Default Glock

I've been told by the guys in the firearms section that this may be the cause of so many glock KA-BOOMS