Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > My new Glock 23 purchase

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2011, 03:00 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default My new Glock 23 purchase

so I picked up a glock 23 on sunday. this is my first gun purchase. and a HUGE deal given I live in chicago because of all the restrictions (worst in the US) in place when it comes to legally owning a firearm.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-19-2011, 03:01 AM   #2

by the way, besides all the restrictions, I had to trade in my 2 13 round magazines for 10 round magazines, because anything over 12 rounds is illegal in chicago. so after all the nonsense, I bit the bullet (no pun intended) and took the downgrade to the 10 rounders.

Old 10-19-2011, 03:07 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 32 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Congrats on your new purchase! I hope you enjoy it. Can we look forward to seeing a range report?

Old 10-19-2011, 03:10 AM   #4

Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

No shame in downgrading mags brother, gotta do whats needed to stay legal for the anti gun A-holes. Congrats on the new piece and welcome to FTF

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 10-19-2011, 03:43 AM   #5

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaniemac View Post
by the way, besides all the restrictions, I had to trade in my 2 13 round magazines for 10 round magazines, because anything over 12 rounds is illegal in chicago. so after all the nonsense, I bit the bullet (no pun intended) and took the downgrade to the 10 rounders.
Look at it this way...true...it sucks to have to go from 13 to 10...BUT...the Glock 23 with 10-round magazines will allow a total round count of 11 rounds at the ready. For the size of the pistol, it is still a good ballistic payload. Not "great" but good for sure. Load with premium defensive ammo, and practice and make sure every round counts.

Good choice...if you have only one Glock 'round the clock....the 23 is a fantastic option. It can serve as a CCW weapon and a "pretty close to full size fighting handgun". You will be well served indeed.

I carried a Glock 23 as my primary for years when I worked plainclothes and as a homicide dick.

Old 10-19-2011, 03:46 AM   #6

Liked 66 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Basic self defense mathematics: Ten rounds of protection is better than zero.

Old 10-19-2011, 03:57 AM   #7

Liked 40 Times on 29 Posts

Seems like a great option to me my friend. Glock makes a hell of a nice weapon. I personally has a Ruger SR9 and it was my first handgun. Fortunately I live accross the river in good ole MO and got to keep both of my 17 round mags with it! Only regret is that 17 rounds per mag makes ammo go fast...

Old 10-19-2011, 05:49 AM   #8

Liked 40 Times on 33 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werminator
Seems like a great option to me my friend. Glock makes a hell of a nice weapon. I personally has a Ruger SR9 and it was my first handgun. Fortunately I live accross the river in good ole MO and got to keep both of my 17 round mags with it! Only regret is that 17 rounds per mag makes ammo go fast...
Yea I learned a long time ago to only load my g17 mags at the range w/10 each. If i don't its a short visit.

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy

Old 10-19-2011, 05:55 AM   #9

Liked 971 Times on 682 Posts
Likes Given: 972

Nice purchase! I also love my G23.

Guess if you can only have ten round mags then get a couple more. Let's see, 13x3=39 so 10x4 gives you one better.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 10-19-2011, 12:31 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyerracing343 View Post
Congrats on your new purchase! I hope you enjoy it. Can we look forward to seeing a range report?
will try to go to the range next weekend. there's none within the city limits, so getting out there is never convenient.