My new Glock 21SF - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > My new Glock 21SF

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2011, 03:09 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 19 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Thanks! As an update to this I picked up a 30SF on Wednesday and shot them both last night.

I'm a better shot with the 30 than the 21, but like them both very much!

I picked up the 30 to be my EDC.

What do I shoot with? Canon gear of course

Old 02-19-2011, 06:19 PM   #12
ET1

I own a 21sf also. I bought an Advantage Arms 22LR conversion kit for mine & couldn't be happier with it. It has the same look as the original slide & with the right ammo is 100% reliable. The kit comes as a fully functioning, complete slide that simply replaces the oem slide. There was a waiting list for it, but it was well worth the wait. It sure is a lot cheaper to shoot 300 rounds of 22LR as apposed to shooting 300 rounds of 45acp. Something to think about...

...oh, by the way, I love your G30. I would have one of those also, except 2 years ago 45acp ammo was non-existant & 40s&w was everywhere, so I bought a G27 instead. Oh well..

Last edited by ET1; 02-19-2011 at 06:25 PM.

Old 02-19-2011, 06:45 PM   #13

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Awesome. I've been saying for a long time that I wish Glock would release more SF models. The could make a fortune in the CCW market by doing so.

Give a man a match and he'll be warm for a few seconds. Light him on FIRE and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Old 02-19-2011, 06:57 PM   #14

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET1 View Post
I own a 21sf also. I bought an Advantage Arms 22LR conversion kit for mine & couldn't be happier with it. It has the same look as the original slide & with the right ammo is 100% reliable. The kit comes as a fully functioning, complete slide that simply replaces the oem slide. There was a waiting list for it, but it was well worth the wait. It sure is a lot cheaper to shoot 300 rounds of 22LR as apposed to shooting 300 rounds of 45acp. Something to think about...

...oh, by the way, I love your G30. I would have one of those also, except 2 years ago 45acp ammo was non-existant & 40s&w was everywhere, so I bought a G27 instead. Oh well..
How is the reliability with your .22 conversion?

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 02-19-2011, 06:58 PM   #15

Great looking pistol, James! But I hate you! Your pics rock.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 02-20-2011, 04:25 AM   #16
ET1

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
How is the reliability with your .22 conversion?
The AA conversion kit has been very reliable. They recommend certain ammo and as long as you stick with those rounds it is near 100%. They recommend Remington Golden Bullets & CCI Mini Mags among others. I use those 2 exclusively. I had a box of Winchester 22LR, which they say "don't use", and sure enough I got jambs. The CCI ammo has been 100% reliable. The Rem. Golden bullets have been 99%. They don't have quite the quality control so occasionally I get a dud. This kit was well worth the money. It has the look and feel of a Glock and breaks down exactly the same way as a glock. No problem with the mags either.

Old 02-20-2011, 04:38 AM   #17

Quote:
The AA conversion kit has been very reliable. They recommend certain ammo and as long as you stick with those rounds it is near 100%. They recommend Remington Golden Bullets & CCI Mini Mags among others. I use those 2 exclusively. I had a box of Winchester 22LR, which they say "don't use", and sure enough I got jambs. The CCI ammo has been 100% reliable. The Rem. Golden bullets have been 99%. They don't have quite the quality control so occasionally I get a dud. This kit was well worth the money. It has the look and feel of a Glock and breaks down exactly the same way as a glock. No problem with the mags either.
Cool! How does it group?

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

Old 02-20-2011, 05:36 AM   #18
ET1

It doesn't group as well as my Browning Buckmark, but I didn't expect it to. It's not a tack driver, but at 25 ft. I get approx. 4" groups or better. The Glock type sights on the LE version are adjustable so it can be dialed in to a point. The CCI ammo groups better than the Remington ammo. It's good for practice, but I wouldn't use it in competition.

Old 02-20-2011, 04:23 PM   #19

Quote:
It doesn't group as well as my Browning Buckmark, but I didn't expect it to. It's not a tack driver, but at 25 ft. I get approx. 4" groups or better. The Glock type sights on the LE version are adjustable so it can be dialed in to a point. The CCI ammo groups better than the Remington ammo. It's good for practice, but I wouldn't use it in competition.
Sounds good enough for me. I may pick one up and try it out. Thanks for the info, it helps.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI