Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > My new Glock 21SF

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2011, 02:33 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 19 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default My new Glock 21SF

I really missed having a 45 so I knew what I had to do. It is the SF, but without the ambi mag release from the factory. I prefer it this way as too many people were having issues with the ambi mag release falling out. Can't test it out until this weekend. Now it is a waiting game. The grip feels absolutely great! It just seems to fit my hand perfectly. I can't wait to see how I shoot it. I picked up some spare magazines as well as a double mag pouch. I'll be ordering a supertuck for it the end of this week. I hope to make this my primary carry with the 26 being what I grab when I don't want the full size beast.

What do I shoot with? Canon gear of course

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-13-2011, 06:58 AM   #2

simply beautiful !

Old 01-13-2011, 01:42 PM   #3

Thank you sir! I just placed my order last night for a Supertuck Crossbreed holster.

Old 01-13-2011, 05:03 PM   #4

kool . I like using the blackhawk serpa. My honest opioin is that the 21sf ihas got to be the 1 of thee best .45 on the market . Its accurate , reliable , light weight ,and smooth like a cadillac . I love the glocks in the .40-and up . They just rock !

Old 01-14-2011, 10:31 PM   #5

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Very nice!!!!! I am looking into get a 45 glock and this makes me want it more and more!!! Keep us updated on how she does at the range!!!

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but hollow points expand on impact.

Old 01-14-2011, 11:22 PM   #6
RUT
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts

Just ordered mine today...it'll go well with my G23 & G19!

Old 01-15-2011, 12:12 AM   #7

I don't know about the newer model 21s, but I love my first gen model 21. Probably the best auto I've owned and I have owned a few.

Old 01-17-2011, 04:11 PM   #8

Quick follow up: Shot the 21SF at the range on Saturday for the first time and wow...recoil is minimal at best! I shot it OK, need to take a few classes to see what i'm doing wrong. I think it is grip or maybe stance. Groupings arn't too bad, but they are never in the center of the target. I usually shoot at 15-18 feet. I'm not too bad and if it was a zombie I was aiming at they would definitely be going down, but still it is a bit frustrating to have your friend show you up on their 2nd or 3rd time shooting a handgun. LOL

My buddy takes the pistol and puts 13 rounds in center to create a ragged hole. Pretty damn impressive for only shooting a few times. Both friends I brought, shoot better than myself. All this is right around 16-17'.

No biggie, just need to continue practicing. It's not like im a foot or two off from where i'm aiming or anything, maybe a few inches or so. I plan to take some courses at the range to help learn what i'm doing wrong. I'm pretty sure it comes down to the way i'm squeezing the gun, the trigger, or anticipating the recoil.

I fed it Federal Champion 230gr FMJ, Winchester White Box 230gr JHP and Winchester Supreme Elite PDX1 230gr JHP Bonded. It fed all 275 rounds flawlessly except one of the Federal FMJ right in the beginning. It had a failure to feed. The casing got hung up on the feed ramp. I cleared it, put that round in another mag and shot it later on without issue. That was the only issue all day with it. I LOVE THIS GUN SO FAR! Plan to go back this weekend and shoot it some more.

Last edited by jamesb; 01-17-2011 at 04:13 PM.

Old 02-07-2011, 04:13 PM   #9
ET1

Shooting handguns is just like shooting foul shots in basketball. You need to learn good technique. Some people can teach themselves. Some of us need a teacher. You need to understand the dymnamics behind the proper technique. Then you need to practice, practice, practice. Remember, practice doesn't make perfect... perfect practice makes perfect.

Old 02-11-2011, 12:26 AM   #10

Love it! Nice job!