You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum >

My history with Glocks .

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2017, 10:48 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5291 Times on 3136 Posts
Likes Given: 27846

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc View Post
Nice try. But, anyone who really knows, knows this is the original combat Tupperware.

My history with Glocks . - Glock Forum
Nice try Doc, but Glock will always be #2.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckler_%26_Koch_VP70

ALL Lives Matter.

I may live in the North, but I still uphold Southern Values.

lifetime member. NAHC, NRA, And SCOPE NY
People Like This 
Old 02-20-2017, 11:12 PM   #22

Liked 4089 Times on 2376 Posts
Likes Given: 1048

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfox75 View Post
Nice try Doc, but Glock will always be #2.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckler_%26_Koch_VP70
I was referring to the box, which the original Glocks shipped in. Which really was basically a Tupperware box with an airtight press on lid. And that was when the term combat Tupperware was coined. I'm aware the VP 70 predates the Glock. But it never really went mainstream and as much as I liked the VP70 design the trigger is among the worst in history.
People Like This 
Old 02-20-2017, 11:30 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5291 Times on 3136 Posts
Likes Given: 27846

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc View Post
I was referring to the box, which the original Glocks shipped in. Which really was basically a Tupperware box with an airtight press on lid. And that was when the term combat Tupperware was coined. I'm aware the VP 70 predates the Glock. But it never really went mainstream and as much as I liked the VP70 design the trigger is among the worst in history.
Looking back at the picture, now the name makes sense.

ALL Lives Matter.

I may live in the North, but I still uphold Southern Values.

lifetime member. NAHC, NRA, And SCOPE NY
dango Likes This 
Old 03-14-2017, 09:27 PM   #24

Liked 52 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Ok, I'll play. I started shooting at around 18 Iwas not brought up around guns but was introduced to them by my best friend in High school and his dad. and mostly what he had was 1911's it was what I was comfortable with. The first pistol I ever bought was a 9mm Tokarev because I was broke, and it was $100 with 2 magazines and the grip felt very 1911ish. a year later I was not so broke and I bought a P-14 that was slightly used and I carried that .45 anchor for years. during this time I was introduced to a gen 2 G-20 Itried it and HATED IT! with a white hot passion, especially if I came out of the holster with it I would fly my rounds right over the targets head, for me the grip angle was just so wrong and I had been shooting 1911's for long enough, that Iwas firmly and forever planted in the pro1911-Glock hater camp.

and then the gen 4's came out.

My lgs had a G-31 that had been purchased and sold back without a round being fired through it and she told me I could have it for $400 cash. I was thinking what the hell, worst comes to worst it'll be yet another gun I dont carry, and just take out to the range and play with. So Ibought it, that was a little over a year ago. since then Ihave added a G41 and a G40 MOS that has a Vortex Venom sitting on top. the large beavertail backstrap makes the "Plastic Fantastic" a very shootable gun for me, the 31 is even my EDC. Ilove the .357 sig cartridge and lets face facts, the glock really is the pistol equivalent of an AK47.

I still love me some 1911 action, I have a sig 2022 that is a very great gun and was my EDC until the 31 took its place. still have my paras but they are more for playtime than anything else I even converted one to .400 corbon. I have other super reliable guns, including a taurus PT101 that I would not trade for any Beretta 92. But The glocks have supplanted almost everything else. I do have a Kahr CW45 that is for when I really dont want anybody to know I am carrying, I have a custom kydex tuckable holster being made for it right now and even a thin shirt makes that sucker disapper. I cant say the same for the 31
People Like This