Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Glock Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/)
-   -   My Glock 23 not dry fireing for disassembly. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/my-glock-23-not-dry-fireing-disassembly-54569/)

mike10801 01-01-2012 08:57 PM

My Glock 23 not dry fireing for disassembly.

I have a gen 3 g23 and I recently purchased a ghost rocket 3.5 kit suppose to be drop in direct fit easy install but the gun wont fire. I tried to dry fire to take the slide off to put the factory glock parts back in and it wont dry fire either therefore I cannot remove the slide. Can anyone help me with ideas to get the slide off this gun.

Nothing like a Glock.

msfa_mike 01-01-2012 09:15 PM

Mike, I can't help you but there are some super sharp guys on here. Stand by and one will surely come to the rescue!

Birddogyz 01-02-2012 01:52 AM

I have the Ghost Ultimate 3.5 lb connector and have had mo problems. The only thing I can think that would make it not fire is if the trigger spring was not in the proper orientation or is not connected to the trigger bar. If the slide will move, try and hold the trigger in the forward position and rack the slide backwards about an inch and return to the locked position. Then try and dry fire. Ensure the chamber is empty.

mike10801 01-02-2012 02:42 AM

I got the gun apart with adivce from another member. The gun was put together properly and I found a video on you tube were someone had the same problem with a g19 and the had to grind to ghost product for it to work properly. I am going to take it to a professional in the next week or so. I was able to get all the new springs installed correctly just that one dang piece. If you YouTube search glock g19 ghost rocket it will come right up.

BillM 01-02-2012 02:59 AM

Ghost Rocket with the overtravel tab? Did you READ THE INSTRUCTIONS??

Please read these instructions completely before beginning.

The uh-oh Notice:

If you installed the Rocket or Tactical before you shortened the Trigger Control Tab/Stop (TCT) as recommended in;

SECTION II: INSTALLATION ROCKET & TACTICAL

And your pistol will not fire therefore you will not be able to disassemble your pistol (normal disassembly procedures require you fire your empty pistol so that you may remove the slide, you can not disassemble a cocked pistol). Because the Trigger Control Tab/Stop (TCT) on the Rocket or Tactical is limiting the rearward movement of the trigger you must remove the firing pin assembly to disassemble your pistol so that you can remove the slide assembly. Please see number 4 in Section II. Once the slide is removed you may begin in Section II.

Birddogyz 01-02-2012 03:03 AM

Glad you found a fix.

trex1310 01-03-2012 06:34 PM

This is the very reason I leave my Glocks stock. If I absolutely must
have something done I take it to someone who knows what they
are doing first. That someone would not be yours truly. :D

James4 12-10-2012 02:58 AM

Ok, So I had just bought rocket part and installed it proper as well, but i am curious to see the youtube.com video to eject the slide off my glock 21sf. Could you help me with this video find, Mike? Also, is it possible to send info where to grind this part at> as well as how much?

willfully armed 12-10-2012 03:17 AM

The instructions show you where to remove material.

If the trigger will not reset after modification, pull slide to the rear and engage the slide lock. Set the muzzle on the bench, exposing the underside of the slide. At the top of the striker channel is the striker tab, at the bottom is the striker sleeve. Using a punch, push the edge of the sleeve downward. This will allow you to slide the cover plate off. Once the cover plate is off, you may carefully disengage the slide stop and ease the slide forward and off while depressing the take down lever. The striker will come out as the slide is removed due to the sear being engaged.

James4 12-10-2012 03:20 AM

nvm found the video
:D