My first real Handgun - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > My first real Handgun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2013, 04:54 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 38 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate882004 View Post
I'm looking to buy my first real handgun and get my concealed carry. I think I'm set on the Glock 19 Gen3. Any thoughts or suggestions?
U cant go wrong with the gen 3 g19 i just recently bought one as my first glock and im in love its the first of many glock purchases in my future

Old 01-31-2013, 06:36 AM   #12
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 974 Times on 639 Posts
Likes Given: 230

Glocks are great. I carry a G20. Would not want anything else. Been doing so 20 plus years.

A Glock is a different bird, not to everyone's liking. One thing that gets it noticed, good and bad, is the trigger and the absence of an external trigger block safety.

While the industry moved on to decocking handguns, Glock went the other way.

If you have lunch money in yout pocket, and you want to add an external trigger block safety to your Glock, making it impossible to shoot, unless you want to shoot it by easily removing the safety, order something called a Safe-T-Blok. Available on Amazon.

With it, you increase the level of safely carrying a round in the chamber, to just as safe, or safer, than only having ammo in the magazine.

The trigger safety issue for Glocks is highly contested in forums, and the general consensus is they are not necessary. I feel safety, is never to much trouble.

Enjoy the Glock. Before you pick it up, hit a box store, and get a safe to keep it in.

Holster? I have two. One is soft, and holds an extra mag. Brand is liberty sporting. Some Wal-Mart's have them. I also have a BlackHawk that the gun locks into. High tech. Prefer the simpler liberty that holds an extra mag.

Last edited by AR10; 01-31-2013 at 06:41 AM.