My first gun/glock
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum >

My first gun/glock

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2011, 08:09 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default My first gun/glock

Purchased the Glock 19 for CC last week. So far I couldn't be happier with my decision. Ordered a crossbreed holster and now I am anxiously awaiting it's arrival. Right now the Glock is still factory with some night sights (it was a police trade in). What mods if any do you recommend? Thanks for all the help!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-14-2011, 08:31 PM   #2

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Congrats on your 19. Since you already have night sights IMO I would not add anything. Why mess with perfection?

Old 09-14-2011, 08:45 PM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Other than the sights, which you already have, I recommend getting an extended magazine release if you have to change your grip dramatically to use it like I do.

"If God didn't create man equal then Sam Colt had made them equal."
-Unknown

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
-Wyatt Earp

Old 09-14-2011, 10:48 PM   #4

Dustin,
Congratulations on your new purchase! The 19 will serve you very well I’m sure.
First off I would definitely recommend an extended slide stop. As I can imagine you have already noticed how difficult it is to release the factory stop. The extension is very easy to install and does not impead on concealment.
Another important upgrade is the extended magazine release. Make transitioning to a new mag very smooth.
I use these upgrades on every Glock I own and love them!
Let me know if you have any more questions and I’ll be more than happy to help you out!
Heroes Tactical Gear and Apparel - Make It Fit for Yourself in the Field - Proverbs 24:27
Mike

Old 09-14-2011, 11:18 PM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firearms4ever View Post
Other than the sights, which you already have, I recommend getting an extended magazine release if you have to change your grip dramatically to use it like I do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroesTactical View Post
First off I would definitely recommend an extended slide stop.
^^This

Quote:
Another important upgrade is the extended magazine release. Make transitioning to a new mag very smooth.
^^I got the extended mag release for my 26, which is my carry gun, and didn't like it. As soon as I would put it in my holster, which is a CrossBreed Supertuck, the mag would release. The extended release is much too long as I didn't feel like filing it down so I took it out. So unless you wanna file it, don't order it as it won't work in a Supertuck.

The only other "mod" I would recommend is as much ammo as you can afford so you can go out and practice and get proficient with it.

-Fred

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"

Old 09-14-2011, 11:23 PM   #6

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 57

SS guide spring&rod and maybe a "butt" plug and thats it for me

Old 09-15-2011, 02:29 AM   #7

Liked 22 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCross7

^^I got the extended mag release for my 26, which is my carry gun, and didn't like it. As soon as I would put it in my holster, which is a CrossBreed Supertuck, the mag would release. The extended release is much too long as I didn't feel like filing it down so I took it out. So unless you wanna file it, don't order it as it won't work in a Supertuck.

-Fred
I had this problem in my fobus paddle holster. I now carry my 26 in a crossbreed supertuck. I reinstalled the extended mag release yesterday, and I didn't have any problems with the mag release. It is probably more person to person dilemma. If you have a few bucks to waste, it may be good purchase.

Old 09-15-2011, 03:20 AM   #8

Liked 42 Times on 34 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecklessRegard

I had this problem in my fobus paddle holster. I now carry my 26 in a crossbreed supertuck. I reinstalled the extended mag release yesterday, and I didn't have any problems with the mag release. It is probably more person to person dilemma. If you have a few bucks to waste, it may be good purchase.
I had the same problem mentioned above I did however file it down. I'd say depending on your size/shape it will affect the mag release on a holster. But if this is primarily a ccw gun, a mag release is not needed. How many of us carry an extra magazine anyway? I know I don't in my person however, i do keep two in my car. You never know....as far as anything to "upgrade" your glock,
Maybe a ghost trigger connector and a steel guide rod. The connector will make your trigger pull about 4.5 lbs and give you a shorter reset and a steel guide rod will help with the muzzle flip. Cheers!

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy

Old 09-15-2011, 03:20 PM   #9

Liked 22 Times on 10 Posts

I would always carry an extra mag. Many issues associated with semi auto handguns lie in the mag. Yes, Glocks are beyond reliable, but just in case.

I ordered a package from Glockmeister. It came with sights, steel guide rod, extended mag release, extended slide stop, a 3.5 pound trigger and a grip plug. Not a bad deal, and I installed everything myself in about 20 min.

Old 09-15-2011, 03:40 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Must be a good feeling about now. Use it in good health