My Brand New Glock 19 Gen 4 cracks apart after 10 rounds - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > My Brand New Glock 19 Gen 4 cracks apart after 10 rounds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2014, 02:11 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

This was the jerk who sold me busted new Glock and laughed at me...

RENO, NV - A Reno man has been indicted on federal charges after allegedly selling machine guns to undercover police from California.

James Harwin was in federal court in Reno Friday afternoon, charged with illegal trafficking of automatic weapons. He's also accused of having an unregistered weapon and obliterating serial numbers from the weapons he sold. Detectives say he had $100,000 cash on him when he was arrested Thursday.

Harwin is the owner of Safe Shot, an indoor range in south Reno, and he has guns at home. The judge told him he doesn't want him anywhere near guns, so he needs to stay in jail until his next hearing next week.

So this weekend, his lawyers need to clear his home of weapons, and he's not allowed to step foot in his own business for the time being.

KARMA MY JERK OFF SCAM ARTIST.... KARMA

http://www.kolotv.com/news/headlines/Reno-Gun-Range-Owner-Accused-of-Illegally-Selling-Machine-Guns-261323031.html
People Like This 
Old 06-05-2014, 02:22 AM   #32

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Here is the full release from the Department of Justice 6/4/2014:

A federally-licensed firearms dealer and owner of an indoor shooting range in Reno, Nev., was indicted today by the federal grand jury on charges that he unlawfully sold multiple firearms, including guns with obliterated serial numbers and machine guns, to undercover ATF agents at his business in April and May 2014, announced Daniel G. Bogden, United States Attorney for the District of Nevada and Joseph M. Riehl, Special Agent in Charge of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

“Federally licensed firearms dealers are entrusted to uphold federal laws pertaining to the importation, manufacture and sales of firearms,” said U.S. Attorney Bogden. “We will be especially vigilant in our investigations and prosecutions of firearm dealers who consciously choose to violate these laws.”

James David Harwin, 59, of Reno, is charged in a six-count federal indictment with one count of illegal sale by a federally licensed dealer to an out-of-state resident, one count of possession of a firearm with an obliterated, removed or altered serial number, three counts of transfer of a firearm in violation of the National Firearms Act, and one count of obliteration, alteration, or removal of the serial number of a firearm. Harwin, who was previously charged by criminal complaint, is currently in federal custody, and is scheduled for an arraignment and plea on June 12, 2014, at 3:00 p.m. If convicted, he faces up to five years in prison on the illegal sale charge and up to 10 years in prison on each of the other five counts, as well as fines of up to $250,000 on each count.

According to the allegations in the criminal complaint and indictment, James Harwin and Safe Shot LLC possessed a Federal Firearms License to manufacture and sell firearms. Safe Shot LLC did business as the Safe Shot Indoor Shooting Range, located at 9425 Double R Boulevard in Reno. On or about April 17, 2014, Harwin unlawfully sold four handguns to two undercover ATF agents who told Harwin they were residents of Sacramento, Calif. One of the handguns had an obliterated serial number. On May 2, 2014, Harwin sold a machine gun with an obliterated serial number to the undercover ATF agents, and on May 29, 2014, Harwin unlawfully sold a Street Sweeper shotgun and three machine guns to the undercover agents. Harwin removed the serial numbers on one of the machine guns in the presence of the undercover agents.

“ATF is charged with ensuring compliance of all applicable laws and regulations as it relates to licensed federal firearms dealers,” said Special Agent in Charge Riehl. “We will aggressively pursue those individuals, including federally licensed dealers who try to circumvent and violate the federal firearms laws, in an effort to protect the public and prevent unlawful machine guns and other firearms from getting into the hands of criminals.”

This case is being prosecuted by Assistant U.S. Attorney Megan Rachow and investigated by ATF.
Dakota1 Likes This 
Old 06-05-2014, 05:09 AM   #33

Liked 5012 Times on 2430 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatoragn View Post
Take a deep breath, contact Glock CS and explain the situation and give them a chance to respond. Be civil, don't start out creating enemies with the CS Reps.
...and in the future alway by guns on a Visa.

You could have called them, canceled the authorization, and left the gun at the dealer.
People Like This 
Old 06-14-2014, 05:46 PM   #34

Liked 329 Times on 261 Posts
Likes Given: 34

So hows the glock now? You should have it back. Don't complain about the dealer at all. Your the one that payed 200 dollars more than you should . 26 bucks for 12 rounds sound like a bargain after the handgun price and you did not take it apart and look it over first on clean and lube . Shame.

Anyhow , it sounds like the dealers getting his time in court and hopefully jail. Next time buy from bud's to a local ffl for 15 to 25 bucks extra and you can't do any worse than this glock , right.

Good luck with furture firearms.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/1648/products_id/69579

Old 06-14-2014, 08:00 PM   #35
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1159 Times on 814 Posts
Likes Given: 1181

Yes, how is your Glock now? What did they say?

It looks like the locking block had a weak spot that cracked. This is rare no matter which generation, just bad luck that you got the defective part. The new part should be good for 20,000+ rounds.
US Army 1966-69, VFW Life Member, Retired Geek

Old 06-14-2014, 08:22 PM   #36

Liked 2220 Times on 1525 Posts
Likes Given: 820

I got my Glock at about the same time he posted this thread. I have no idea of how many rounds I have put down the pipe. I would say I am getting close to 1,000. It takes about 10 minutes to shoot a box of shells unless I only put a few shells in the magazine for drills.

I got a similar deal from Patriot Shooting Sports in Youngsville, NC. I didn't get reamed on the price. But when a Kel Tec I bought from them failed they bluntly told me I was on my own. They won't even assist you in returning a defective gun. They are a Davidsons dealer. Davidsons big sales pitch is if you have a problem with any gun you buy through them you return it to the place of purchase and Davidsons will repair or replace your gun. Davidsons still has them on their list of dealers despite the fact I called Davidsons and told them that Patriot Shooting Sports will not honor the warranty.

I haven't spent a penny at Patriot Shooting Sports in over 2 years. I bought 3 guns from them and spent about $50 a week there. I don't even bother with local gun shops anymore. Shop local and get screwed.

If something happened and I couldn't buy guns and ammo online anymore I would just quit shooting.

Last edited by John_Deer; 06-14-2014 at 08:40 PM.

Old 06-14-2014, 09:11 PM   #37

Liked 1311 Times on 739 Posts
Likes Given: 571

I guess I am fortunate, I have never had to return a gun to the factory and I have had great relationships with local dealers.

I usually browse and buy something small, ammo, grips, an extra mag, etc., if any of these feel less than comfortable, don't make a big purchase there. I have bought a couple of guns via the net, too, but all things equal, I buy local.

Old 06-16-2014, 12:10 AM   #38

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Guns fine. Just a defect. Can't really blame Glock considering their reputation and speed they tried to fix it. only other problem lately is a loose trigger pin. Just cant get over that this owner would do that to me. Like I said, Karma to him,

Old 06-16-2014, 05:31 AM   #39

Liked 16 Times on 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by battleborn View Post
So much for reliability and perfection. I bought a new Glock 19 Gen 4 this morning at Safe Shot Reno (a glock dealer). I paid $740 with tax. I knew it was a bit high, but i figured I was safer buying from a dealer and not off the internet and they had one in stock. I walked downstairs to the range and it jammed on the 10th round. Hmmm. Cleared it and it jammed again. At this point I called the salesman down and when he took the slide off a piece fell out. I had to show him as he didn't even see it. They don't offer refunds or returns so I am stuck with it. I feel like a sucker.

Has anyone ever seen anything like this? I sure hope Glock can sort this out quickly without weeks of ********. I was wondering why the gun wasn't displayed and when I asked the guy said "oh I got one in the back" I hate to think that they scammed me but I am pissed and dismayed by the whole experience. On top of that they even charged me $26 for the 12 rounds I shot at their range. Unbelievable. I took the gun, and want to sort this ASAP. I left a message at customer service in GA, sent an email, and will call again tomorrow. I'm assuming they will want it returned and I'll have to wait weeks for this to be sorted which really sucks. Does anyone have any advice?

Wait a second.. you shot the pistol at the range of the place you bought it right after you bought it? What did they say about it when you came back from 2 minutes of shooting with a broken gun?

Old 06-17-2014, 02:49 PM   #40

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Said "Sorry Charlie" Your range Bill is $35. Cash or Card?

Thats the whole point of this thread. Now the guys in prison.....
Dakota1 Likes This