my brand new glock 19
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > my brand new glock 19

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2009, 09:30 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default my brand new glock 19

Guys I had a great day. I bought a glock 19 a few days ago and today I found a dnr range 10 miles away that is free. I had not fired a handgun since Nam....the 19 is one sweet pistol. I was dead on even up to 40 yards. I ran through 60 rounds so fast....and I was thinking that my hand would get sore from recoil...duh dumb

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-26-2009, 09:39 PM   #2

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Glad you enjoyed the new handgun. What made you decide to buy a Glock?

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 11-26-2009, 09:43 PM   #3

I have small hands and the 19 seemed to fit me the best. It just felt "right" in my hands. I had be looking on the web and it just seemed like in every video they were shooting glocks

Old 11-26-2009, 09:45 PM   #4

Another question: do some gun clubs have leagues...teams of shooters competing/ handicapped...like a weekly bowling league might do?

Old 11-26-2009, 10:05 PM   #5

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

If you are happy with the feel, then good for you. To each their own.

As far as leagues, that may be hit and miss. Check with your local ranges as they may have regular competitions. There are nationally sponsored shooting competitions. There are several shooters here that compete. There is a section dedicated for those things on this forum.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f48/

Have fun.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 11-26-2009, 10:59 PM   #6

Small hands, Glock, comfortable? I'm sorry, but two plus two does not equal five.

Holding a Glock always reminded me of holding onto a cinder block.

Sorry, I'm sorry. All that matters is that you are shooting and enjoying what you are shooting.

"It is not the critic who counts, nor the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who knows great enthusiasm, great devotion, and the triumph of achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails at least fails whilst daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those odd and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat. You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who have had to fight for it life has truly a flavour the protected shall never know."

Old 11-28-2009, 05:11 AM   #7

I love my Glock 19. I also like the way it feels. Glad to hear you like it. I think you will find that most on this forum are glock haters though.

Nut up or Shut up!

Old 11-29-2009, 02:01 AM   #8

Liked 242 Times on 170 Posts
Likes Given: 12

The Glock 19 points more naturally than the Glock 17. Because it is shorter than a 17, it is easier to carry, draw and maneuver. Accuracy is close to that of the 17 but it does have a shorter sight radius. You made a good choice.
Rentacop

" All pistols should be Glocks and all Glocks should be Glock 19s. " -James Yeager-
( I doubt Yeager was completely serious, though. )

Old 11-29-2009, 03:31 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I had a Glock 19 and was very happy with it. I think it's an excellent pistol. I no longer have it, but my buddy does and he loves it and is deadly accurate with it.

I went to 1911's, I prefer the feel and enjoy shooting them. Enjoy your model 19 and shoot the heck out of it.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 11-30-2009, 10:51 PM   #10

Default Glock Safety Issues Raised Concerns

Here is a detailed report on Glock.
I also have a new Glock 19.

Glock Safety Issues Raised Concerns

I will try and query the Federal Courts for Civil litigation involving Glock and see what I find there.