Must See Range Video (Glock 37 .45 GAP) - Page 9
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Must See Range Video (Glock 37 .45 GAP)

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2012, 05:56 AM   #81
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron0022
Hey mod, the N word has nothing to do with firearms, how about locking this thread ?
While i agree the "N word" has nothing to do with firearms, i don't see any reason for this thread to be locked. Lets just try to get back to jrocs point of how awesome his videos are first

Old 06-03-2012, 12:33 PM   #82

Liked 128 Times on 82 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron0022
Hey mod, the N word has nothing to do with firearms, how about locking this thread ?
It came up in the topic of conversation

Old 06-03-2012, 01:34 PM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunRunner
Well the N word became adopted by the African American community as a way of taking the power away from the Caucasian community who use to use it as a derogatory term for "Black People". Unfortunately those that use the N word so freely in the African American community take offense to those that use the N word who are not a member of the African American community. Basically its a bad word used to invoke hate of or in others and should not be used. In today's society bad means good, hot is not always a reference for temperature and many other words have been taken and used to represent something else. The use of the word may not offend you or some butat it still offends others and as adults we should think about how the words we speak or type may affect those that hear and read them.
Yeah that's true that's true. That word still mite offend many. But as far as me I'm not that sensitive when it come to racism. "Jumping Off Topic" But so many times I would be playing Call Of Duty online and a lot of racial would be on there and throw that word around towards me. But it would never get me mad because I know if them dudes was in arms reach they wouldn't even look at me wrong. And so many times people like to label me as a Gangsta,Gang Banger & Stuff ... O_o That's mostly a lot of people judgment towards me even the Black Community. But won't take the time out to get to know a person. And if you get to know me more you will like me a whole let better

Old 06-03-2012, 05:44 PM   #84

Liked 49 Times on 39 Posts

Well that profile pic does nothing for your cause......... I'm sure you are a very nice person though.

Old 06-03-2012, 06:09 PM   #85

Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

I watched Roc's videos and didn't find anything offensive to me personally and honestly it was just a few young folks enjoying firearms in a safe manner, they could use some more instruction but I could easily find myself shooting with this group. I think the video may be getting flack for it's commonality, the main reason we watch youtube videos would be by people more advanced than us and providing instruction/information. The content of Roc's videos is of pretty common occurrences in every range across the nation BUT to someone who identifies with Roc's appearance and demeanor who's never been to a range may appreciate his video, actually it would be cool if Roc turned them into instructional videos in his own words, like describing how a range works, rules and what to expect on your first visit. There's some constructive critique, rather than just bashing.

The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

Old 06-03-2012, 06:43 PM   #86

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptown_General_Roc
Well in tha black community tha N word is use a lot so it's nothing new to me. And I don't get offensive when someone use it.
I have a good friend who's father in law will slap his kids/nephews/etc for using that word as you described. He is a former NFL player, police officer, and now a retired Fire Captain, so he gets a lot of respect from family and friends. I guess everything is relative.
Old 06-03-2012, 11:01 PM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiebelhaus
I watched Roc's videos and didn't find anything offensive to me personally and honestly it was just a few young folks enjoying firearms in a safe manner, they could use some more instruction but I could easily find myself shooting with this group. I think the video may be getting flack for it's commonality, the main reason we watch youtube videos would be by people more advanced than us and providing instruction/information. The content of Roc's videos is of pretty common occurrences in every range across the nation BUT to someone who identifies with Roc's appearance and demeanor who's never been to a range may appreciate his video, actually it would be cool if Roc turned them into instructional videos in his own words, like describing how a range works, rules and what to expect on your first visit. There's some constructive critique, rather than just bashing.
Thanks! And I mite take you up on that. I have taken multiple people with me and train and showed them how to properly handle a firearm & Shoot. I actually have it on the footage but never post it. Maybe make a couple videos instructional as like you was saying. Thank You for taking the time out to write a good motivational comment
Old 06-03-2012, 11:02 PM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiebelhaus
Thanks! And I mite take you up on that. I have taken multiple people with me and train and showed them how to properly handle a firearm & Shoot. I actually have it on the footage but never post it. Maybe make a couple instructional videos as like you was saying. Thank You for taking the time out to write a good motivational comment
Old 06-03-2012, 11:20 PM   #89
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21997 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptown_General_Roc View Post
Thanks! And I mite take you up on that. I have taken multiple people with me and train and showed them how to properly handle a firearm & Shoot. I actually have it on the footage but never post it. Maybe make a couple instructional videos as like you was saying. Thank You for taking the time out to write a good motivational comment
Roc, i am not being judgemental, but making some suggestions here. i saw some of your videos and conclude maybe you need to get some more training first yourself before taking on the responsibility of training others in firearms usage. i think you are headed in the right direction, but need some more instruction and training first. i commend you on your desire to teach others safe and responsible gun handling and think your heart and mind are in the right place. think about looking into a NRA Instructors course or something similar to help you out. there is a big difference between knowing personally how to handle firearms safely and teaching others how to do so. like i said i think you are headed in the right direction and keep on doing it and you will get there.
Old 06-03-2012, 11:27 PM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

Roc, i am not being judgemental, but making some suggestions here. i saw some of your videos and conclude maybe you need to get some more training first yourself before taking on the responsibility of training others in firearms usage. i think you are headed in the right direction, but need some more instruction and training first. i commend you on your desire to teach others safe and responsible gun handling and think your heart and mind are in the right place. think about looking into a NRA Instructors course or something similar to help you out. there is a big difference between knowing personally how to handle firearms safely and teaching others how to do so. like i said i think you are headed in the right direction and keep on doing it and you will get there.
And with that being said that's how you feel that's how you feel you are untitled to your own opinion

Closed Thread