Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Which Model Glock

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2007, 12:58 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldfinger View Post
Stay away from the Glock 30 though. I had one. It was jam-prone and felt like a brick with a trigger.

Hmmm.... I've tried a bunch of different ammo, light to heavy bullets, FMJ to JHP, standard pressure and +P, and I haven't had a single malfunction in my "brick with a trigger". Granted I only got it a month ago and only have 1k rounds through it but it still hasn't failed me. I have a G23 as well. Same problem. Just won't malfunction no matter what I feed it. I really love my G30. I guess I'm the only one with these "problems".

Fireman

Old 05-09-2007, 03:02 PM   #12

Likes Given: 3

I've carried my Glock 36 for seven years. Never a problem, other than in the first few day's I found that it didn't like bullets with a really large hollow point opening. They opening would occasionally catch on the feed ramp, due to the sharp entry ramp on the G-36. Currently carrying Rem. Golden Sabers (which feed flawlessly).
I also own a S&W Model 19 (4 in.), a Colt 1911a, and a Charter Bulldog. All good carry guns, but daily I choose the G-36.

Old 05-11-2007, 06:53 PM   #13

I own 3 glocks myself. A 21, a 30, and a 19. All three seem to fit me perfectly. I've never had an issue with any of the Glocks I've owned in the past. I recently got away from the 40s but have nothing against them. I recently picked up the 9mm and fell in lust with it after taking it out to the range. Super accurate, very little recoil, easily concealable. When I recommend guns I start with the Glock 19. I also like the XD but it sits too high on my hand. Personal preference is to keep the gun as close to my natural point of aim as possible. The overall question is what fits you. Don't buy the latest greatest hunk of gun because everybody thinks it's great. Try out as many as possible and find what fits you.

Old 05-11-2007, 07:31 PM   #14

To answer the original question, Glock 27 (in .40) - but the recoil needs some training to feel comfortable with...

Old 05-12-2007, 11:22 PM   #15

one of my fav glocks is the 26 /27 size i carry a 26 but id like to get a 30 too for carry

Old 06-02-2007, 05:58 AM   #16
Doc

The subcompacts are fine (I also had a Glock 27), but you will want to add a finger extension of some sort for your pinky finger to hang on to.

Just curl the pinkie up under the magazine and forget it.

Old 06-02-2007, 08:57 AM   #17

Did that guy a few posts back actually say not to buy a Glock? Blasphemy, i tell you. He should be tared and feathered .

I like my G19 for carry in the winter and my g26 durring the summer. I also carry a xd-45 compact durring the winter too. I think the xd line actually points better for me than the glocks but i have so much trigger time with the glocks that i'm used to it. I don't think you could go wrong with a G19 or a G23.

Old 06-02-2007, 02:47 PM   #18

Default Glocks rock

After being flamed by 1911 people, I finally realized that I am just not smart enough to keep a 1911 pistol running without jamming constantly.

A friend took me to the range and made me shoot an ugly, square thing he called a "Glock" 17. No jams. No levers to remember, no half cock, no cocked and locked, no trying to find a magazine that would work.... it just worked. Over and over, with repeatable results.

That was the 1980's. I bought a Glock 17. Then a Glock 21. Then ... well, you get the picture. To date, I have had no jams, no misfires, no bad magazines. And I have spent exactly ZERO on modifications and repairs.

I shoot often, and still don't regret my conversion to the Glock side.

Fire everyone in Congress NOW.

Old 06-17-2007, 06:19 PM   #19

I use G19, G26, and G32 and love 'em all!
GLOCK 19 G19 NS 3RD GEN
:)

Old 06-21-2007, 12:56 AM   #20

Glock 23 & Glock 27 for me - both 40 cals. I have other guns - but these are my preference for carry. I know another guy who would not part with his 19 - all year round. So it comes down to personal preference - look, feel, & function. I always love these questions - because there never is a right/wrong answer with regards to what's best - but a lot of opinions & experiences.