Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Glock Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/)
-   -   Meet the Baby That Eats .45ACP HD VIDEO (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/meet-baby-eats-45acp-hd-video-69594/)

Amsdorf 08-04-2012 01:34 PM

Meet the Baby That Eats .45ACP HD VIDEO

A friend of mine sold me his literally, like new, still with the original Glock grease on it, Glock 30, with two magazines, a butt plug and magazine extensions for only .... don't hate me ... $400. I mean, the thing is brand new, had only had about 60 rounds through it. Oh, and he threw in the Kydex paddle holster for it too. I've been looking to get a G30 for a while, and I could not pass up this offer.

Here's a video I made of it, a basic function demonstration and some chit-chat about Glocks and shooting fundamentals, to be filed under, "Do as I say, not as I do."

GaMatt72 08-08-2012 03:27 AM

I don't hate you. I envy your deal. I paid just 30 more for a new gen4 G22 but that was a little over a year ago.

Kdub 08-08-2012 03:44 AM

Cheap butt plug....

danolator 08-08-2012 07:47 AM

Nice. Too much gun in too small of a frame, but nice.

Amsdorf 08-09-2012 02:30 AM

Oh, really? Why do you say that?

yogiboobooranger 08-09-2012 10:26 AM

Saw this post on another Glock forum, Amsdorf, you got a great deal! I just acquired a G30SF from someone who had only fired one box of 50 through it. He had purchased a couple of extra mags, and threw in a Foxx IWB holster as well, all for $500.00. Not quite as cheap as yours but a good deal anyway. Now I need to find a G36 as the grip on the 30SF is just a little thick for my better half.

danolator 08-09-2012 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amsdorf
Oh, really? Why do you say that?

Should have clarified. Sorry. Most people I see at the range can't hit groupings at the distance on your vid with full size, smaller caliber weapons. Given the purpose of that .45, I would say the chances of the common CCW holder hitting critical mass from the draw in less than 2 seconds outside of 10 feet on the first shot are slim. So my comment really wasn't equipment related. Actually, I hope all the street thugs carry these sub compacts. It gives me better odds.

danolator 08-09-2012 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danolator

Should have clarified. Sorry. Most people I see at the range can't hit groupings at the distance on your vid with full size, smaller caliber weapons. Given the purpose of that .45, I would say the chances of the common CCW holder hitting critical mass from the draw in less than 2 seconds outside of 10 feet on the first shot are slim. So my comment really wasn't equipment related. Actually, I hope all the street thugs carry these sub compacts. It gives me better odds.

Oh BTW, I really like the way you reinforce basics like grip and sighting on this vid. Thanks.

Amsdorf 08-09-2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yogiboobooranger (Post 897942)
Saw this post on another Glock forum, Amsdorf, you got a great deal! I just acquired a G30SF from someone who had only fired one box of 50 through it. He had purchased a couple of extra mags, and threw in a Foxx IWB holster as well, all for $500.00. Not quite as cheap as yours but a good deal anyway. Now I need to find a G36 as the grip on the 30SF is just a little thick for my better half.

Definitely a good deal!!

Amsdorf 08-09-2012 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danolator (Post 897982)

OH, ok, yes, that makes sense. I think some people just think, "Hey, I want a small gun and .45ACP would be cool." But....you have got to learn how to use it and get yourself used to the recoil.

From one extreme to the other, today I'm going to buy a Ruger LCP.

:)