Is it me?

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Is it me?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2010, 10:52 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Is it me?

So, I've recently got trijicon sights on my new gen4 G19. They were installed by a highly reputable gun store in my area. I went shooting with them today, and shot horribly. I'm a newbie, but i've shot my G19 better before. All my shots were going up and to the left. I had the range officer check it out and he said they seemed fine to him.

So, is it just me? Anyone shoot high and to the left with glocks? One thing to note. I tried the "push pull" method, and thats when i was shooting to the left. When I straightened out my right (shooting) arm, I went a little straighter. All in all, I just shot poorly today...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-31-2010, 12:18 AM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I'm gonna say its just you. You might be pulling the trigger and not squeezing it. The shot should surprise you.
I'm left handed, and when i first started shooting handguns, all my shots were to the right slightly. I worked on my trigger pull, and now I'm hitting the mark.

Speak softly and carry a big stick...just know how to use it.

Old 10-31-2010, 12:50 AM   #3

First question and I am assuming it is answered in your post as a "Yes", is were the shots fairly consistent?

Glock does have several factory sights that raise and lower the impact. And by sliding the rear sight one way or another, either left or right on the back of the slide, will move the impact right or left.

When you install aftermarket sights you settle on one elevation, which by the way is the factory installed out of the box elevation of the Glock plastic sights, middle ground.

More than likely you are suffering, and I don't actually mean suffer, from the "New sight" disease. Meaning, like a golfer with a new putter, it either gonna make you game of screw it up.

It is all mental. Get a couple of sandbags, have a good firm solid bench rest hold on the gun. Squeeze the trigger straight back, with the ball of your finger, not the joint crease, and try to make holes right on top of each other. ONCE you get your trigger control down, THEN have the armor move the rear sight in the correct direction to compensate for the windage.

MOST people who shot glocks for the first time (right handed shooters) will pull the shot down and to the left, until they learn the trigger.

Get the sand bags, shoot a group of 10 rounds as tight as you can get them. THEN see about rear sight movement.

The more you shoot with it the more it will shoot where you point it. that just takes practice and time and rounds OF THES SAME AMMO and similar conditions.