Manual Safety Kit for Glock - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum >

Manual Safety Kit for Glock


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2013, 12:09 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
danolator's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 630
Liked 64 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default

I wondered how long it was going to be before a person that obviously enjoys inserting his index finger into his nasal cavity to extract human waste, would display completely off- topic, ignorance.
__________________
Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. My rod is a GLOCK and it comforts me
danolator is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:08 PM   #32
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
GaMatt72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 456
Liked 22 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by danolator
I wondered how long it was going to be before a person that obviously enjoys inserting his index finger into his nasal cavity to extract human waste, would display completely off- topic, ignorance.
You say off topic I say totally on topic. If you want a external safety DON'T BUY A GLOCK. That is all. I see you just want someone to hold your hand cause you can not operate a firearm safely.
GaMatt72 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:28 PM   #33
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Georgia
Posts: 240
Liked 72 Times on 57 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Default

As a lefty, I find that the safety levers are sometime on the wrong side of the gun. Glock corrects that mistake by putting the safeties inside where they belong.
__________________
AVENGE ME!!
RUG3R44 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:59 PM   #34
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
GaMatt72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 456
Liked 22 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUG3R44
As a lefty, I find that the safety levers are sometime on the wrong side of the gun. Glock corrects that mistake by putting the safeties inside where they belong.
I to am a lefty and you are so right. The only correction Glock could do is a slide lock on both sides but hey most guns are on the same side and I have just gotten use to it.
GaMatt72 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:24 PM   #35
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
AR10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Glock Certified Armorer In Occupied USA
Posts: 2,268
Liked 1139 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 246

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Like a bark kit on a kitten.
The kitten, can and does bark, sometimes refered to as Glock Leg. 99% of us will never experience that situations, then again, some of us cover that 1% with a separate insurance policy. My policy is called Safe T Blok. I will most likely never need it, but I most likely will never need seat belts, or safety glasses while swinging a hammer.

To GM72, Would you advise someone wearing safety glasses, they should never own a hammer?

An external safety is like a choice in holsters. If I pick a certain type of holster, are you going to say, no Glock for you?

You can lead a horse to water, ... ... ..... .... ... .....!

Last edited by AR10; 03-15-2013 at 02:31 PM.
AR10 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:18 PM   #36
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
GaMatt72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 456
Liked 22 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10

The kitten, can and does bark, sometimes refered to as Glock Leg. 99% of us will never experience that situations, then again, some of us cover that 1% with a separate insurance policy. My policy is called Safe T Blok. I will most likely never need it, but I most likely will never need seat belts, or safety glasses while swinging a hammer.

To GM72, Would you advise someone wearing safety glasses, they should never own a hammer?

An external safety is like a choice in holsters. If I pick a certain type of holster, are you going to say, no Glock for you?

You can lead a horse to water, ... ... ..... .... ... .....!
Yeah you make so much sense. Haha.
GaMatt72 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:08 PM   #37
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
orangello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 19,154
Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Default

To each his own, but why not just get one of those XD's with the manual safety?

http://www.springfield-armory.com/xd.php?version=135

Just seems like somebody coverting their Civic to RWD or something. Have fun modding.
__________________
Dead Bears, the only good kind.
orangello is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:13 AM   #38
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Las Vegas, NV,Nevada
Posts: 273
Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts

Default

Awesome idea. When you're done with that upgrade you should add a zipper to your underpants. Never be too careful! :-)
__________________
In god we trust, all others we monitor...
Dizzll is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:33 AM   #39
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
danolator's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 630
Liked 64 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzll
Awesome idea. When you're done with that upgrade you should add a zipper to your underpants. Never be too careful! :-)
BwaaaaHaaaaaaaHaaaaaaa. That's way too funny.
__________________
Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. My rod is a GLOCK and it comforts me
danolator is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:10 AM   #40
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Philadelphia,PA
Posts: 29
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

I have that exact same safety on my G19. I dont really like it and I never use it. I only bought it because I got a decent deal on the Glock.

Looking back, I wish that I never bought it because sometimes its directly in the way of my thumb placement while shooting.

But, it does work very well.
cmc0108 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Glock Safety dblcrona Glock Forum 77 02-18-2013 09:27 AM
Why aren't 1911s fitted with a decocker instead of a manual safety? Kenney 1911 Forum 106 06-11-2012 04:25 PM
Sub-Compact 9mm with a Manual Safety Polygon Semi-Auto Handguns 9 03-05-2012 09:49 PM
Radom VIS: Manual Safety? Dino1 Curio & Relic Discussion 0 10-11-2011 12:41 AM
Glock trigger safety? themanbeau Glock Forum 27 09-22-2009 03:08 AM



Newest Threads