Manual Safety Kit for Glock - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Manual Safety Kit for Glock

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2013, 07:26 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 64 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Well said, but this is a thread on a mod, not another " keep your finger off the trigger" discussion. There's hundreds of those.

Old 03-10-2013, 02:20 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by danolator View Post
Well said, but this is a thread on a mod, not another " keep your finger off the trigger" discussion. There's hundreds of those.
Exactly. Its also about the 'absolute' of an accidental discharge and the aftermath. Why is it such a big deal to try and ensure as much safety as possible, because accidents do happen, and once the bullet has killed someone there is no taking it back.

Old 03-10-2013, 05:13 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1096 Times on 606 Posts
Likes Given: 455

I'm obviously not going to convince anyone that a manual safety on a Glock is redundant, but how about a safety device that a southpaw can actually actuate?

How about the Siderlock?

At least that manual safety mechanism permits left/right handed operation, doesn't require permanent modification to the frame or any other component, and minimal modification to manual of arms.

Last edited by kbd512; 03-10-2013 at 05:30 PM.

Old 03-10-2013, 08:24 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

kb, the siderlock is the one I am going to go with personally. You tell them which hand you use and they do the appropriate install, lefty or righty.

Old 03-10-2013, 08:49 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Like a bark kit on a kitten.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 03-10-2013, 08:51 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1096 Times on 606 Posts
Likes Given: 455

The reason I suggested the Siderlock is that the problem I have encountered with manual safety levers (having the safety lever inadvertently disengaged from making contact with the seat belt or buckle while seated or getting into or out of a vehicle) is largely done away with by having the safety device connected to the trigger mechanism. I presume most of us have vehicles and carry our pistol with us while traveling if we are legally permitted to do so.

So long as your holster completely covers the trigger mechanism (a prudent idea for any CC or duty holster) and doesn't have a retention device that latches inside the trigger guard (like a Serpa holster) I think the Siderlock provides the least risk of inadvertent deactivation, changes the manual of arms very little, doesn't require any other modifications to the weapon (no need to bubba gunsmith your Glock with a dremel to save money and if you don't like it you can reinstall your factory Glock trigger), and works for both right and wrong handed shooters. They even provide step-by-step instructions with pictures on their web site.

On top of all that, it costs significantly less than the Cominolli design and doesn't require an installation jig that costs more than the safety mechanism itself.

Old 03-10-2013, 10:01 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Plus, kb, the cominolli swap effects Glock standing behind anything with your weapon where the siderlock does not.

Old 03-11-2013, 08:58 PM   #28

Liked 64 Times on 55 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiomike
Plus, kb, the cominolli swap effects Glock standing behind anything with your weapon where the siderlock does not.
Yea, chopping up any product pretty much voids the warranty. Justifiably so.
Old 03-12-2013, 05:54 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Sure does

Old 03-14-2013, 10:54 AM   #30

Liked 22 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagermeister
Hey, it's Jager the Troll. If you wanted a polymer gun with a safety, then just buy an HK USP. The external safety kind of defeats the purpose of the Glock concept and its internal safety devices. Sorry, just keeping it real.
I agree. That is why other companies fallowed Glock by taking away traditional safeties. If you can't keep your booger picker (yes I said it) off the boom button don't get a Glock in the first place. Better yet don't buy a gun period. We don't need anymore bad press.