Manual Safety Kit for Glock
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Manual Safety Kit for Glock

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2013, 12:36 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 64 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default Manual Safety Kit for Glock

Not going to whip a dead horse or tolerate any more "booger picking" analogies, so please leave your passionate bias to the other threads.

Does anyone have any experience with this aftermarket product? It wouldn't do me any good because it appears to be righty only.

http://cominolli.com/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=29&osCsid=a3 tr84nkld8u4ir4j7pkbp87b2

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-26-2013, 12:50 PM   #2

Liked 587 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by danolator
Not going to whip a dead horse or tolerate any more "booger picking" analogies, so please leave your passionate bias to the other threads.

Does anyone have any experience with this aftermarket product? It wouldn't do me any good because it appears to be righty only.

http://cominolli.com/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=29&osCsid=a3 tr84nkld8u4ir4j7pkbp87b2
No but thank you for sharing, I know several ppl that will be interested in this

Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions....

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.

Old 02-26-2013, 01:00 PM   #3

Liked 159 Times on 96 Posts

Not for me, but what a novel idea from the looks of it. Thx for sharing.

The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved

Old 02-26-2013, 07:15 PM   #4

Liked 32 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 42

They have been out for awhile and reportedly do what they are supposed to do. Some people abhor the idea of a safety on a DAO gun, but the sales numbers of the Ruger SR9 and the S&W M&P safety model also seem to indicate that a lot of people love the idea of a safety on their DAO guns. Personally I say to each his own.

Another option is the SiderLock safety trigger, which is ambidextrous.

http://www.siderlock.com/?section=features

Old 02-27-2013, 05:26 AM   #5

Liked 20 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Something more of this design might work better for you being left handed? I dont have any experiences with it, i like it how it is.

http://www.amazon.com/Siderlock-Trigger-Safety-System-instructions/dp/B0050R6P2K

Old 02-27-2013, 05:44 AM   #6
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1102 Times on 708 Posts
Likes Given: 242

I have 20 years of carry bliss using Safe-T-Blok. Comes in Right & Left hand models.

http://www.amazon.com/Glock-Saf-T-Blok-Post-Description-Users/dp/B007ASNJXU/ref=pd_sim_sbs_misc_8

Does not alter the Glock in any way. Easy to use. $20.

What I like about it, is it is 100% odious to the gun owner the gun is 100% safe. Cannot fire when in place. Safety drops out of the way with your trigger finger when ready to fire. Easy to learn, adds no time to the operation of the firearm. Works with most holsters.

I carry a round in the pipe with confidence I just don't have with no external safety.

I like how you started off this thread. Glock owners can be vicious when talking about adding a safety system to their Glock. Taking away the virgin Mary story from a Catholic forum would get a person in less hot water.

Last edited by AR10; 02-27-2013 at 05:48 AM.

Old 02-27-2013, 11:14 AM   #7

Liked 64 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraj
Something more of this design might work better for you being left handed? I dont have any experiences with it, i like it how it is.

http://www.amazon.com/Siderlock-Trigger-Safety-System-instructions/dp/B0050R6P2K
Interesting. I keep my new G22 on the nightstand with the Safe-T-Blok in place, but I cannot holster my G19 with that mechanism. Wonder what it does to the feel and pull of the trigger. Would it void the warranty?

I did some Internet snooping on this product. Too many issues, but I have other handguns besides Glock and don't think it would be good practice to go pushing around the trigger in a tense situation unless I am ready to fire. Still a fan of Israeli carry.

Last edited by danolator; 02-27-2013 at 11:44 AM.

Old 02-27-2013, 11:54 AM   #8

Liked 1842 Times on 955 Posts
Likes Given: 1403

I went with a Glock because it DIDN'T have any 'extra' buttons or levers to push to make it go bang. If you wanted a pistol with external safety levers, why not get one like that in the first place? I suppose if one were to inherit a Glock . . .

Old 02-28-2013, 06:36 AM   #9

Liked 20 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I dont think it would void your warranty, i think it just replaces the trigger. Easy enough to switch back out if you needed warranty work.

Old 02-28-2013, 08:28 AM   #10
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1102 Times on 708 Posts
Likes Given: 242

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincine View Post
I went with a Glock because it DIDN'T have any 'extra' buttons or levers to push to make it go bang. If you wanted a pistol with external safety levers, why not get one like that in the first place? I suppose if one were to inherit a Glock . . .
I went with the Glock 20 for several reasons, mag capacity being paramount. No other 10mm will hold as much ammo.

Add the fact it does not rust, plastic and treated metals, make it easy to care for.

Add in the dependability factor and the Glock format is a strong choice.

For me personally. A like a nonstandard external safety. I know how to quickly use the weapon, but others holding it, do not fully understand why the gun does not operate. That can only be a good thing.
I do not see my external safety as training wheels, but as a additional safety that keeps me (not talking about anyone but me) from catching Glock leg.

Last edited by AR10; 02-28-2013 at 08:37 AM.
Vincine Likes This