Looking for schooling

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Looking for schooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2009, 05:38 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Looking for schooling

Good day guys/gals. Well, I took the Glock 36 out for it's maiden range voyage.. Gotta tell ya, I was terrible terrible.. NowI gotta tell ya, I'm by NOmeans an expert, nor am I close for Very good. I have however shot my share of Revolvers, but have picked anything up in several years. I set up paper plate and paced off about 12 yrds give or take..3 rounds, NOTHING! at all. 3 more, 1 lower left corner, 2 NOTHING. I move closer (about 8 yrds). Same results.. After getting very sporadic placements, I got out a full size Human Target (torso), and stood again at about 12 yrds. With 4 shots rapid fire (aiming at dead center chest) I group all 4 shots in about a 5" group, BUT! at about lower left belly. I then aimed for head shot (slow) and hit the left arm...MY questions. Although I'm not positive, I'm gonna say its me pulling, but how to I train myself NOT! to if thats what I"m doing. recoil to me was not an issue as I found it very mangeable. I'm assuming no adjustment should be made to sights.. I'm open to all schooling, tips or encouragment. Baldpaul..

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-07-2009, 05:42 PM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Well, welcome to the FTF Community.

This chart will help, but it's for right handed shooters. If you are left handed, you have to mirror it.

correction.jpg  

Old 08-07-2009, 05:46 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

You sir have discovered one of the reasons I don't like Glocks...grip angle. You say you have shot revolvers, what revolvers? The angle on a glock is funny and is not as pointable as the 1911 angle for most people. The majority of handguns have a grip angle similar to the 1911 but the glock isn't one of them.

Also, it sounds similar to a problem I had first getting into pistols. Firm up your grip a little. Early on with my 45 if I got too relaxed my groups would start to move low and left(I'm right handed) but not as low as you've discribed. If I would pause for a moment, run thru the fundamentals and tighten my grip a little, I was back on target.
Now don't strangle the thing, but be firm. Others will be along to help shortly.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 08-08-2009, 01:44 AM   #4

Liked 241 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Baldpaul-
First, fire from a rest to see where the gun shoots at 25 yards. Most fixed site autos shoot about 3" high at 25 yards and dead-on at 50 yards.

Then...Stop flinching ( fighting the recoil ). Let the gun jump, watch the front sight lift straight up. Pull the trigger straight through the shot, not just until the gun fires.
To be that far off, you have to flinch.

The Glock trigger must be ignored. Simply watch the front sight and see where it goes-if it drops off as you fire, you are probably slapping that nasty Glock trigger.
Glocks can be shot accurately. Give yourself time.
Here is a list of everything worth watching on YouTube. Hope it helps you out !

Pistol Instruction On YouTube

Todd Jarrett :

Todd Jarrett Pistol Shooting

Todd Jarrett Reloads

Todd Jarrett Prone

James Yeager :

James Yeager Malfunction Clearing

Cleaning Guns

James Yeager Glock Lube #2

Glock Lube #1

XS Sights Demo #2

XS Sights #1

Trigger Reset Demo

Proper Grip

Gabe Suarez :

Close Range Gun-fighting .

Kelly McCann :

Skip first 1:15 Min. intro crap.

Skip First 41 seconds intro crap.

Michigan Militia Training :

Glock Trigger Job

Last edited by Rentacop; 08-08-2009 at 01:48 AM.