Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Looking for a review of the advantage arms .22 conversion kit?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2008, 04:44 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Looking for a review of the advantage arms .22 conversion kit?

Thinking of buying one for my G19 and wondering if anyone has any reviews?

Thanks!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-11-2008, 11:28 PM   #2

Bumping this to the top in case anyone has had any recent experience.

I'm currently trying to decide between a Glock 17 and a reconditioned Sig 229. One of the things I'm considering along with the purchase of the gun itself is eventually getting a 22LR conversion kit for some extended duration practice. The conversion for the Glock is reasonably priced, but for the Sig it's outrageous; I'd be better off just getting a the Sig and a separate 22.

If the AA 22LR conversion is well made and worth the money, I'll simply get the Glock and the AA. I'm not concerned with putting the extra wear and tear on whichever gun I get, as the 1911 will be doing the dirty work, if it ever comes to that.

Old 08-12-2008, 03:14 AM   #3

Well, I don't own one; but, from everything I hear the Advantage Arms kit definitely works. You could ask this same question over at Glock Talk; I'm sure you'd get, at least, a dozen replies.

Like this -

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=906943=Advantage+Arms

Here, I did the search for you guys. It's what I thought: The AA conversion kit works. (Just as long as you don't shoot Federal brand 22 caliber ammo!)

http://glocktalk.com/forums/search.php?searchid=1454099