Looking at Glock 9mm - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Looking at Glock 9mm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2010, 11:30 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

A plastic gun is a plastic gun. SW owners like their shooters. Currently the only SW pistol I would buy is the SW99 and they are out of production and otherwise hard to find.
Glock you could go Gen 3 or 4, for the traditional Glockness or you can go 3. Or get your adjustable back strap, improved recoil spring etc with the 4.

Between the two I would go Glock. They are good shooters, and you can get a ton of after market stuff to customize your pistol or repair or what ever.
Good luck on your pick. Let us know what you get.
Cheers

Old 07-02-2010, 01:18 PM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 34 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 73

Default between the two of them...

I'd go with the Glock they are the kings of tactical tupperware and I've heard lots of negative comments of S&W service after the sale. JMO

Old 07-13-2010, 01:43 PM   #33
ET1

At least the dealer is steering you to the M&P. I asked to look at a Glock 26 and the dude behind the counter at Pro Bass tried to steer me to a Sigma 9VE...yes a Sigma! He said for the money it's a better buy and just as good of a gun. I ended up buying a 27 elsewhere. Good grief.

The M&P is a good gun, but so is the Glock. You need to shoot both at the range and find out which fits you best. As much as I like my Glocks, I wouldn't mind owning an M&P. Sigma is another topic altogether!

Old 08-19-2010, 03:48 PM   #34

Default If you can, try them first.

When I tried the M&P, and the Glock 26 side by side at the range, my target acquisition with the Glock was far quicker and more accurate than the M&P.
However, my adult son who is 6'4" shot more accurate during quick target acquisition than he did with the Glock.
Thomas Jefferson: "The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes....Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. Thomas Jefferson's "Commonplace Book,"

Old 08-24-2010, 11:02 AM   #35

oh, yes glock all the way.

i have a longslide G17L, just love the bloody thing !!!

peabody

Old 08-25-2010, 10:46 PM   #36

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

OP,
An M&P is fine.
A Glock is fine.
Either is a good choice.
Whichever fits your hand the best is the right choice.