Looking at Glock 9mm - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Looking at Glock 9mm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2010, 05:20 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts

I would just say if cc is your goal, NOTHING beats the G26

In god we trust, all others we monitor...

Old 06-24-2010, 09:11 AM   #22

I personally believe you should just stay away from 9mm all together, if you want to stop someone, and stop 'em good, a nice glock 40 would do, or a .357 mag. theyre expensive to shoot but i dont want some cheap gun thats supposed to protect me. and a 9mm isnt enough.

Old 06-24-2010, 10:19 AM   #23

The Glock 19 with good rounds is the best all-around pistol.

Old 06-24-2010, 10:47 AM   #24

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by onalandline View Post
The Glock 19 with good rounds is the best all-around pistol.
Mighty bold statement there for your first post.

On what do you base this "fact"?

Old 06-24-2010, 07:20 PM   #25

Sometimes bold statements come from folks that know what they are talking about, even if we may not agree with it. My 2 cents, if it has to be one or the other go with the glock even though I like M&Ps better. Why? Glocks are kind of like AKs. It really takes a lot to get them not to work. Mags are cheap if you shop around. Replace the sights and buy a good holster and you will have a pistol that will last forever. As for me I like my XD.

Old 06-25-2010, 08:09 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
Mighty bold statement there for your first post.

On what do you base this "fact"?
Glock 19 sales, reviews, personal experience, and proven track record.

It's more of a true statement, than a bold statement.

Old 06-25-2010, 09:18 AM   #27

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

I've shot both. They both have pretty much what people are looking for when they look at weapons of that type. Both are reliable and shoot pretty well. The groups are pretty much the same with both (for me).What it comes down to is what your hand likes best. What fits my hand might not get the same love in yours.

I personally like the smiths a little better because they have a little more user friendly grip. Wityh the Glock you get handy little phrases like lower bore axis. Meraning the bore is supposed to be a little lower leading to less recoil. I have not noticed the difference myself after owning a few different Glocks but I know a lot of Glock people that like to toss that out there. THere are tons of aftermarket doohickeys for a Glock but I imagine Smith has a bunch too. Honestly I have not looked. AS I have gotten older I have lost my taste for all striker fired pistols. People keep buying them though so they must be doing something right. I still prefer an external hammer and see no drawbacks whatsoever with them. In fact the only poly-frame pistol I have not is a Browning Pro 40. If you have ever seen the FNP pistols it's the same thing really. Great shooter but I still like my 1911's and Sigs much more so it stays home a lot. THe FNP is well worth looking into. The Browning models are way overpriced now if you can even find them. It's pretty cool having the ambi safety, de-cocker, and the groovy poly frame. And not to forget it has a hammer you can see and everything.

Back the the others though. You can listen to everyone go on and on about this and that is better and why. Bottom line either of the choices in your OP both will work. But you really need to get your hands on both and maybe sling a little lead down range and see what gives you that lovin' feelin'. I don't care if it's the coolest whizzbang ever if it doesn't fit right it's not going to work right. and it's going to be you that relies on this weapon. None of us. But if it was me picking out of the two. I'll go with the Smith. Ans as said earlier maybe check out the Sigma. Good way to save some money for ammo and they do work well. Trigger will be better in the M&P out of the box though.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 07-02-2010, 12:17 AM   #28

As soon as I picked up the M&P 9mm at the store two days ago, I thought it felt cheap mainly b/c of the wierd trigger. I do like that the M&P has both the trigger safety and the thumb safety. Something I wish the XDm 9mm came with. I'm looking for my first pistol and it's really going to have to come down to how they shoot for me.

In my list so far for 9mm I want
PARA Ordnance PCX99R 4.25"b 9 round 9mm
Kimber carry pro II 4"b 9mm
S&W M&P 9mm 4.25"b w/thumb safety Product: Smith & Wesson M&P9 - Full Size, Thumb Safety
XDm 9mm 4.5"B

Old 07-02-2010, 04:26 AM   #29

I'd go with Glock. I own 2 glocks. I have a G 19 and G 26. You can't go wrong with a glock. If you can only get one glock I would suggest the G 19. It could serve as a great double duty gun for home defense as well as conceal carry.

Old 07-02-2010, 04:51 AM   #30

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsVegas View Post
I'd go with Glock. I own 2 glocks. I have a G 19 and G 26. You can't go wrong with a glock. If you can only get one glock I would suggest the G 19. It could serve as a great double duty gun for home defense as well as conceal carry.
That seems like some advice from someone who knows.

Here's an idea, MsVegas. How about stopping by the Introductions thread and let the forum members get to know you a bit. Just a suggestion.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!