Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Looking at Glock 9mm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2010, 02:03 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I say you go for the Glock. I have a Glock 21 and the thing has been worth every dime.

Not that the S&W M&P is a bad option, I just perfer the Glock.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight." -Psalms 144:1

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. - Romans 10:9

Old 05-06-2010, 03:21 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billdogge View Post
Looking to get a 9mm Glock or 9mm S&W M&P. The guy at the gun shop was steering me twords the S&W. Any insight would help.

Thanks
Bill
Just my opinion, but I say go with the Glock. Between my wife and myself, we have 9 Glocks; one Model 19, one Model 26, one Model 30SF, two Model 27s, two Model 23s, and two Model 22s. All my Glocks go bang every time I pull the trigger. I have added the "slider-lock" to some of my Glocks, and will eventually do that with all of them. Never fired or handled the S&W M&P but have heard good things about the gun. On the other hand, I have heard and experienced bad things with S&W's customer support.

Old 05-06-2010, 03:28 AM   #13
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 463 Times on 254 Posts

Yeah, GLOCK(spelled with the GLOCKsters in mind) Customer No-Service is stellar.

Old 05-06-2010, 03:42 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shihan View Post
Yeah, GLOCK(spelled with the GLOCKsters in mind) Customer No-Service is stellar.
I'm not sure what you're saying here. I own nine Glocks and have never had to talk to customer service once. I own two Smith & Wesson revolvers purchased used without problems, but have been given the run-around by Smith & Wesson customer service regarding a Smith-made Walther. I'd love to own a PPK or PPK/S but will not buy one if Smith is providing the customer support, or lack thereof. Just my opinion.

Old 05-06-2010, 02:06 PM   #15
jbd

i have had the m&p 9mm since jan. 2010 and have not had one single problem. appr. 1,000 rounds through it. i also have a glock 23 that i cant even count the rounds ive put down range through it with out one problem, so reliability is not a issue with either gun IMO. i like the m&p better because of the feel in my hands, with the small back strap it feels like it was made for me. i suggest you pick up, hold, and shoot both and go from there, and as far as S&w customer support i have never had any trouble out of them they have always been great. good luck.

Old 05-22-2010, 05:16 AM   #16

Default Love my two M&P's

I am far from being an expert but I do have some personal experience with both the Glock and the M&P. The following is JMHO.

Originally I was leaning towards buying a Glock based on reputation for quality. Every time I fired one I was not very happy with my accuracy. And, no, I did not blame all of that on the gun.

Eventually was introduced to the M & P and the adjustable backstraps. When I put on the large backstrap, the gun felt like it was made for my hand. (The Glock always felt a bit awkward in my hand.) My trigger finger just reached the trigger perfectly. It was much more comfortable to shoot and my results were noticeably better.

My advice would be to shoot a couple hundred rounds with each weapon and your hand and your shot groups will make your decision for you.

As far as customer service and such, I have been very fortunate in that my guns have been working perfectly from day one. So no experience to share on that front.

I own both the 9mm's (large and compact). When I bought them S&W had a special deal, two extra mags just for mailing in the receipt. Now I have 2 guns and 8 mags. Have to admit, that did tip the decision making a bit. Who doesn't like something extra for no extra charge?

I fire mostly FMJ at the range but enough JHP's to be sure that they feed just fine. Never had a misfire yet. Had one expended case stovepipe on me but it cleared just fine. I estimate over 1,000 rounds through each gun so far.

The full size has a big enough tactical rail that it holds my combo tac light/laser sight perfectly. Makes it a very nice home defense weapon. The compact rail is too short (at least for my particular light). Tried to use it once with the light and it fell right off (it never latched onto the rail). Getting night sights on that one as it is my every day carry weapon.

Old 06-10-2010, 06:21 PM   #17

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have a g26. I just got it about 4 months ago. Last week at the range I shot about 1in groups at 25yds. The best I have ever shot with the 26. once you get used to the trigger and get your grip down the 26 is pretty accruate. I shot 8 shot two went high.

cimg0762.jpg  

Old 06-10-2010, 07:58 PM   #18

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I own a Gen 3 Mod 22 that shoots just fine, although, I've shot the Gen 4 in 9mm and really like the feel of the shorten length of pull. I'm going to purchase the Gen. 4 Mod. 22 soon. I also shot the M&P and they ain't bad either. IMHO you can't go wrong with either the Glock or the M&P. Basically it's all about fit.

God, Family, Guns, in that order.

Old 06-14-2010, 08:39 AM   #19

I vote GLOCK. I have a G19 and LOVE it. I have shot the M&P and thought it was ok. Nothing really stood out. I would try and shoot both and see what you liked better. I like knowing that my GLOCK will go bang every time I pull the trigger no matter how bad I treated it or neglected it. (though I take VERY good care of it) Its nice to know that in a SHTF if I was not able to clean it, it would keep functioning perfectly for a LONG time. Probably much longer than any of the other pistols out there.

Nut up or Shut up!

Old 06-18-2010, 01:38 PM   #20

Do you have ta have a 9MM?

Glock makes great .45s, 21 & 30.

I am buying a Glock 29 10MM.

"True Happiness is a warm .357,.45 ACP,.38 Special,.410 or a 12 gauge & a cold Sun Drop." ME

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. "
(Benjamin Franklin)

'God made man and woman; Colonel Colt made them equal'." (Ann Coulter)

" Praise The Lord but Polly pass the Ammo"( Unknown)

"The 1st one through the door gets the copper coated candy." ( Andy the gunshop owner from "Dawn of the Dead")