looking to buy a glock 26
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > looking to buy a glock 26

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2009, 01:48 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default looking to buy a glock 26

I am from michigan, i introduced myself a few months back. I currently own a PX4 storm in 9mm, and would like to purchase a smaller, compact, to carry. i was deciding between the glock 26, SW MP 9c, and the XDsc. ive shot the subcompact glock, in .40, and shot well with it, but would like to keep it in 9mm only because i can afford to shoot 9mm regularly and with the right defense ammo it will be just fine for defense in my opinion. now my question is where have you glock fanatics found the best price for glocks NIB? better yet, in michigan? i have seen them for 450-500... but im sure some guys have seen them cheaper? i have a larger hand and look to add the pearce grip extension as well. my next question is are theyre any suggestions or modifications you guys have done to make this little gun GREAT. thanks for all the help in advance. also, im not sure sure about "generations" but i know some have had problems, and im assuming later generations have fixed those problems. so im looking for id think a later made glock for a different price. thanks

Last edited by shooter2440; 10-15-2009 at 02:06 AM. Reason: wanted to add to it.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-15-2009, 08:06 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 42 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 53

In my area, far from Michigan, the lowest price for new Glocks is the same range you mentioned — I believe the exact price is $479.

The only way I know to get one cheaper is to join the Glock Shooting Sports Foundation. Members get a certifcate (once per year) to buy a Glock at a law enforcement discount. I don't know the exact price, but I believe it comes in at a bit under $400. GSSF membership costs $35. Not every store is a law enforcement dealer, however. The three listed in Michigan are in Lansing, Charlotte and Westland.

For more info, check out Glock Sport Shooting Foundation.

"An armed society is a polite society." — Robert A. Heinlein

"After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in a society where the only people allowed guns are the police and the military."
— William S. Burroughs

Old 10-15-2009, 08:33 PM   #3

Liked 23 Times on 7 Posts

Glock will also sell to LEO & Military (and certain other "service" occupations like fireman, etc.) at basically $100 off list price. You have to get the gun from a Glock LE dealer and you can find one in your area by calling Glock...

Old 10-15-2009, 09:54 PM   #4

would i have to have a LEO purchase the gun first then i would purchase it from him that way?

Old 10-15-2009, 11:07 PM   #5

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I think the prices you quoted are good average prices. To upgrade your glock, buy the XDsc.

Old 10-16-2009, 02:28 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 42 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 53

shooter, you don't have to have someone else get the Glock for you. The
"LEO discount" refers to Glock's program for selling at a discount to law enforcement officers. They also do the same for active military, and retired military and law enforcement. I also read somewhere that they offer the discount to emergency services workers, airline pilots and others. Something to do with Homeland Security. GSSF members qualify for one purchase per year at the "LEO discount."

"An armed society is a polite society." — Robert A. Heinlein

"After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in a society where the only people allowed guns are the police and the military."
— William S. Burroughs

Old 10-16-2009, 05:21 PM   #7

Liked 1217 Times on 723 Posts
Likes Given: 387

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter2440 View Post
would i have to have a LEO purchase the gun first then i would purchase it from him that way?
That might be a straw purchase and although your intentions are not to violate the law, in my internet lawyer expert opinion you might be violating it.

On the 4473 it asks
Quote:
Are you the actual buyer of the firearm(s) listed on this form? Warning: You are not the actual buyer if you are acquiring
the firearm(s) on behalf of another person. If you are not the actual buyer, the dealer cannot transfer the firearm(s) to
you.
I've seen the LEO/Military discount at gun shows before. The sellers I have seen were pretty strict about requiring some form of ID to prove your military or LEO but your mileage may vary.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson