Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Looking for advice

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2013, 10:24 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 64 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default Looking for advice

OK. Going to work on the Glock 30 this week. All the toys & tools are ready to go. Planning on replacing stock sights with night sights. Have the pusher & front sight removal tool. Then I plan on getting out the Dremmel & doing the $.50 trigger polishing job. Any and all advice from you people that are old hands will be greatly appreciated. This gun is usually holstered in my car under the steering column or open carried.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-02-2013, 10:21 AM   #2

Liked 280 Times on 201 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by danolator View Post
OK. Going to work on the Glock 30 this week. All the toys & tools are ready to go. Planning on replacing stock sights with night sights. Have the pusher & front sight removal tool. Then I plan on getting out the Dremmel & doing the $.50 trigger polishing job. Any and all advice from you people that are old hands will be greatly appreciated. This gun is usually holstered in my car under the steering column or open carried.
I would say leave the trigger alone and change the sights. What sights are you gonna get?

Old 11-02-2013, 10:38 AM   #3
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Let's not forget what happened to the last guy on the forum that did a half a$$ed Glock trigger job.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaZTch_BVvc&feature=youtube_gdata_player
I am of course required to suggest you take it to a Glock armorer.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 11-02-2013, 10:47 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1037 Times on 578 Posts
Likes Given: 432

Didn't you comment not too long ago in a thread where an amateur gunsmith or amateur parts maker for Glock helped along a ND with injury. Work on the trigger by pulling it. It's a Glock 30. What are you doing with a Glock 30 that requires a trigger job?

Old 11-02-2013, 04:19 PM   #5
Cancer Killa
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: -1 reviews

Liked 350 Times on 214 Posts
Likes Given: 612

There's a lot I could tell you to do and what not to do on a trigger job. Polishing and honing will only help so much. There are other parts that need to be replaced for a lighter trigger. If you're not wanting a lighter trigger I recommend just shooting the thing to smooth it up.

Owner/Armorer at Argyle Armoring, LLC - FFL 07
NRA Life Member
What do I know? I'm only a professional.

Old 11-02-2013, 04:43 PM   #6

Liked 60 Times on 49 Posts

****DISCLAIMER: polished internal mating surfaces don't kill people, bullets kill people. These mods don't lighten the pull, just smooth it out. I'm not a glock armorer. Also, don't pull the trigger until the firearm is aimed appropriately(For the manual safety guys). ***

That all said, here is My post from a previous thread: We shouldnt try to make a glock what its not. It's like when people put low profile tires and big rims on full size trucks. It makes them worse at being a truck and still a poor example of a sports car.

Now, the trigger can be greatly improved with a little polishing in a few areas....aka .25 trigger job(the same effect will eventually be felt after 6,000 rds, I'm just cheap and impatient). The largest improvement and least invasive area to polish is the face of firing pin safety and the angled surface on the trigger bar that engages the firing pin safety. (Just polishing!!! Do not remove metal or change the factory angles!!!)

I also use a fine tooth round file and put a slight concave in the trigger safety. I make sure that the trigger safety is fully depressed and file until it matches the face of the trigger. Again, just enough so that it will always fully engage and disengage, but not so much that it renders it useless.

These mods take the grit out of the trigger pull and makes it more comfortable to shoot during extended range sessions. Nevertheless, these mods void warranties and get Liberals anxiety levels up.

Old 11-02-2013, 08:47 PM   #7

Thanks for the trigger input. I am just thinking about polishing a little because this Glock is a bit more gritty than my other ones. Not really interested in a lighter pull, just a smoother one.

The sights are MePro. They seem to shine a tad brighter than Trijicon.

Old 11-05-2013, 07:36 PM   #8

OK. Front sight installed & rear sight to night. Will also disassemble the slide & polish. Decided only to use q-tips & not the dremmel. Been reading some input from armorers and their insight is much better than those videos on YouTube.

Old 11-05-2013, 07:55 PM   #9
Cancer Killa
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Have fun using the Q-tips for several days. The easiest way to polish with is some rouge and a cotton polishing wheel on a bench grinder. Trust me, I know.

NRA Life Member

Old 11-05-2013, 07:57 PM   #10
Cancer Killa
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by danolator View Post
Thanks for the trigger input. I am just thinking about polishing a little because this Glock is a bit more gritty than my other ones. Not really interested in a lighter pull, just a smoother one.

The sights are MePro. They seem to shine a tad brighter than Trijicon.
Trijicon makes the Tritium tubes in Mepro sights.

NRA Life Member