Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > lookin to get a glock need advice thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2011, 04:29 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 1

Default lookin to get a glock need advice thanks

hello to all im lookin to get my first glock and ive fallen in love with the glock 20 20sf lookin for some pros & cons new to the site an lookin for advice thanks guys

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-22-2011, 12:46 PM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2236 Times on 1120 Posts
Likes Given: 1146

I do not know about the Model 20. But I have a Model 22 as well as a Model 27 in 40 S&W Cal. I they are fine weapons. And the 27 I carry every where as my concealed carry.
10mm Short if you will!

Old 03-22-2011, 01:34 PM   #3

Liked 17 Times on 9 Posts

I don't have experience with that particular model or caliber, but I can tell you that glocks are tough, reliable guns.
The cons are the grip angle is different than most other pistols (some can get used to it, some can't) and the only external safety is on the trigger.

Old 03-22-2011, 02:18 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 42 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 53

Love my Glocks. The closest thing I have to what you're looking at is a Glock 30 (subcompact .45). It's very accurate for a small gun.

Rent one and shoot it if you can. If you can't find a rental in 10mm, shoot either the full-size .45 or .40. The .45 also has a SF version, so that would give you the closest hand fit to the 10mm, even though the recoil will be different.

Some people are indeed bothered by the grip angle. Some people actually prefer the Glock's grip angle over other pistols' grip angles. Personally, until I read someone's complaint about the grip angle, I hadn't even realized they were different.

As for the lack of an external safety, I personally consider that a plus, rather than a minus. That's a personal choice, of course; everyone should do whatever they find comforting. I consider my holster to be the external safety. That, and my brain.

Welcome to the dark side!

"An armed society is a polite society." — Robert A. Heinlein

"After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in a society where the only people allowed guns are the police and the military."
— William S. Burroughs

Old 03-22-2011, 10:00 PM   #5

Default You wont be disapointed

I dont know about the 20 but i own a 23 and, i love it. This is my second firearm ever so the grip angle is not a problem for me. I dont have any negatives but if i had to pick one it would be the safety factor, or the lack thereof.

Old 03-22-2011, 10:12 PM   #6

thanks for the replies i really appreciate it and ive been to the gunshop a million times and i really like the grips for the glocks and i think id prefer the safety be my finger in a time of extreme pressure suck to have the safe on

Old 03-23-2011, 11:54 PM   #7

I carry a 21SF at work. I really like the SF smaller grip; it's more contoured than the regular 20 or 21, which feel like a big brick in my hand. I wear gloves at work a lot and the smaller diameter grip helps keep a good hold on it.

Old 03-24-2011, 06:57 PM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

The Glock 20 is the full size 10mm, built on the same frame as the .45 ACP Glock 21. If you simply like the size of the gun, you might consider the 21 or 21SF since ammo will be more readily available and perhaps slightly more affordable.

The 10mm Glock 20 is also an excellent choice, and IMHO one of the best 10mm pistols on the market. For simplified explanation, imagine 10mm as ".40 caliber magnum" and you'll be in the ballpark.

Along with others here, my preference is towards the slightly reduced SF frame over the standard frame.

Enjoy whichever model you decide upon, and let us know what you think.

I don't make jokes, I just watch the government and report the facts. -Will Rogers

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. -Winston Churchill

Old 03-24-2011, 07:06 PM   #9

glock 20 or glock 20sf tha daddy of tha big canons . this haz got 2 be 1 of the top big bore guns out period . you`ll be surprised on the recoil of the 10mm . kinda feels like the .45 to me . i`m actually pickin 1 up in the begining of the month . a glock20sf plzzzz . try renting a g20 or 20sf . you will love it . i started off with the g23 . then after firing a g30sf had to get 1 . then moved up to the 21sf . now i want the 20sf

Old 03-24-2011, 11:33 PM   #10

Default glock21

so the recoil is heavy duty then u are sayin i really like that piece and i think i just might rent it to make sure that it isnt goin to be to much for me to handle but thankyou for the feedback